Subject: [Tools-discuss] Bizarre bug in 1id-index.txt when author's email is missing

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 08:16:59 +1200

Something on the xml2rfc list caused me to look at https://www.ietf.org/id/1id-index.txt
for the first time in years. And in the version generated at 2016-09-13 19:05:22 UTC
I found this extraordinary entry:

 "First-hop router selection by hosts in a multi-prefix network", Jerome
  Marcon, Brian Carpenter, 2016-08-24,
  <draft-ietf-6man-multi-homed-host-09.txt>

If you look at that draft, you will see that its authors are
Fred Baker and Brian Carpenter.

You will find about 10 drafts with Jerome Marcon listed as an author.
He is *not* an author of most of them.

In each case I checked, the author who has been replaced by Jerome Marcon
has no email address included in the draft. Quite why he therefore becomes
the default author beats me :-).

(I haven't sent a ticket to IETF-action for this one yet.)

Regards
    Brian

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 10:52:53 +0200

Hi Brian,

> the default author beats me :-).

Clearly a bug.  I'll hunt it down and fix it later today.

> (I haven't sent a ticket to IETF-action for this one yet.)

Ack; I've got it.

Best regards,

	Henrik