Subject: [Tools-discuss] Datatracker Email Expansion confusion

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 07:15:43 -0700

I was attempting to contact the authors of
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vixie-dns-rpz/

using the "Email Authors" link, and one of the emails bounced.

The document lists Paul as [email-masked]', but under the
"Email Expansions link", it shows "[email-masked]", which isn't listed 
anywhere in the XML.

I'm wondering where it finds such things?

thanks
tim

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 18:06:46 +0200

Hi Tim,

> I'm wondering where it finds such things?

The datatracker knows about 6 email addresses for Vixie, and of those,
5 are marked active.  The one which is not marked active is the redbarn.org
address.  (I think redbarn.com above is a typo).  So the datatracker picks
the primary address of the remaining 5 to send to in this case, even if the
document mentions the redbarn address.

Paul can enable and disable addresses as needed by logging in and editing
his profile information.  Or alternatively, he or someone the secretariat
will trust can ask the secretariat to change things.

Best regards,

	Henrik