Subject: [Tools-discuss] Line wrapping in the review tool

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 20:44:21 -0500

I reviewed the draft draft-ietf-dmm-4283mnids-04 for Gen-Art.  I used
the review tool to upload the review (a text file).

Today, I'm answering the author's response to the review.  I notice that
his mail program has wrapped some of the lines in the review in
inconvenient places, making them hard to read.

However, due to an ambiguity, I went back to the original review to
check something.  Or rather, I went back to the copy that had been sent
out on the gen-art mailing list.  And what do I see, but that for some
unbelievable reason, the upload process has *broken some of the lines*,
despite that the only one over 80 characters is the one containing a URL
for the IETF mail archive.

What gives here?  I don't want to express what I'm truly feeling, but I
do find the mutilation of my review to be quite counterproductive to
communication and I'd like to know how to stop it.

Dale

---

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 11:20:14 +0100

> communication and I'd like to know how to stop it.

Hi,

I'm afraid it's my fault. The code that sends the review to the
mailing list does an automatic word-wrap at 70 characters which also
accidentally includes the content of the review. That was not
intentional.

I'll send a patch to have this fixed.

Ole

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:29:32 -0500

> accidentally includes the content of the review. That was not

Ah, OK.  I wanted to check; the other plausible explanation was that
it's policy to wrap in a certain way.  If that was the case, I'd adjust
how I format my reviews.

Dale