Subject: [Tools-discuss] BOF to WG link when WG not named the same

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:51:55 -0500

I think that this BOF:
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/hoakey/about/

led to creation of this WG:
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/hokey/about/

but, I can't find anything in either to confirm this!  I'm sure the IESG
telechat minutes would have made that obvious, but I'd have to search through
a lot to confirm that...

Further, https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/concluded/
due to it's length, does not clearly say that hoakey was a BOF. Yes, it was
in that BOF part of the page, which is now many screen fulls... hokey was a
group.

Specifically the box for the BOF says: "security area", which led me (on a ^F
search) to conclude the very short list, must be incomplete.  Only after did
I know to omit the 'a' (getting hokey) did it all become obvious.

Could the "BOF" list boxes say, "Security Area BOFs", since the outer "BOF"
box has long since scrolled off my screen?   Could there be more of a link
From the BOF name to an eventual WG?  Or from the BOF page?

Maybe it is enough for some text to go into the Charter area for a BOF which
is given a different named WG, to just say that?

(In the end, it was RFC 5295 that we were looking to reference, which we found)

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-