Subject: [Tools-discuss] IPR not following adopted documents correctly?

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 22:44:48 -0500

Question,

Why does the IPR show up on our document in the datatracker:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format

But not the HTML version:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format-01

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 10:29:17 -0400

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format-01

This part is just a web site containing an archive of html renderings of the IDs.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 19:25:50 +0200

Hi Tim,

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format-01

As far as I recall, the tools version was written before the IPR search
started looking at IPR declarations on drafts replaced by the current draft.
Since the IPR was declared against draft-dickinson-dnsop-dns-capture-format,
not against draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format, the tools version misses
this.  I should probably have fixed that, but my attention has been very
much on datatracker work, rather than tools.ietf.org enhancements the last
few years.  I'll see what I can do.

Best regards,

	Henrik