Subject: [Tools-discuss] xml2rfc, and BCP references

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 12:36:35 -0500

I tried this today:
     <?rfc include="reference.BCP.38" ?>

but there is no such file generated that I can find.
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/bcp38 exists.

Shouldn't I be able to reference BCPs (and STDs) this way?
(And will the RFC-editor start hosting/providing the .xml files
for the references with links into the info/XXX pages?)

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 19:48:21 +0100

> Shouldn't I be able to reference BCPs (and STDs) this way?

Yes.

RFCXML v2 (RFC7749) didn’t provide a way to reference multiple RFCs (which may be what a BCP/STD is composed of) in one go.
RFCXML v3 (RFC7791) does.  So I would expect the bibliography libraries to catch up here.
(It is just not clear to me who will hold the tab.)

Grüße, Carsten