Subject: [Tools-discuss] Document history -- last call end date

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 23:14:52 -0400

This is a very minor issue.  But every time I fill out a Gen-Art review,
I need to look up the IETF Last Call end date for a document and the
process is annoying because it seems to be unnecessarily awkward.  If I
look at the document's history (e.g.,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pceps/history/), there's
always an entry for the IESG telechat date (e.g., "2017-06-28 // 14 //
Deborah Brungard // Placed on agenda for telechat - 2017-08-03").  But
there is no corresponding item for the LC end date; I have to find the
entry for "The following Last Call announcement was sent out:" and look
through the body of the message to find the end date.

It seems like there should be a first-class history item, "IETF Last
Call ending xxxx-xx-xx", possibly combined with the header of the "The
following Last Call announcement was sent out:" item.

This does assume that the LC end date is actually recorded in the
datatracker as such, rather than being a consequence of being in the
body of the LC announcement.

Hoping this makes the cut at some point,

Dale

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 16:00:16 +0200

Hi Dale,

> body of the LC announcement.

The LC end date is recorded in the event which also holds the last
call text.  The actual end date is known for certain only when the
request to send out the last call email is posted.  Would it work
for you if I add the end date to the event text for that event,
giving:

  "The following Last Call announcement was sent out (ends 2017-07-28):

  ... "

?

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 20:43:26 -0400

Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> writes:
> Would it work

Yes, that would work fine.  It's essentially the same way the telechat
date is displayed in the history pane.

Dale

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 14:44:50 +0200

Hi Dale,

> date is displayed in the history pane.

Ok, then.  It will be available when 6.56.0 (just released) is deployed.

Best regards,

	Henrik