Subject: [Tools-discuss] Minutes poorly converted to HTML?

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 17:05:40 -0700

Greetings. See <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-99-dprive/>. 
 From looking at the source, it looks like that wrapping is happening 
when the text file is converted to HTML. Is this a known problem, or 
should I open a ticket?

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 18:24:54 -0700

> On Aug 17, 2017, at 5:05 PM, Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Greetings. See <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-99-dprive/>. From looking at the source, it looks like that wrapping is happening when the text file is converted to HTML. Is this a known problem, or should I open a ticket?

It happened to https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-99-6man/ as well.

Bob

> 
> --Paul Hoffman
> 
> --
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
> 
> Please report datatracker.ietf.org bugs at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb
> or send email to [email-masked]
> 
> Please report tools.ietf.org bugs at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/issues or
> send email to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 22:57:03 -0400

"Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]> writes:
> when the text file is converted to HTML.

It's a particularly weird style of line-wrapping.  It doesn't look like
long lines per se are being split, but rather a break is inserted about
every 80 characters without concern for the breaks that are already
present.

Dale

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 14:19:07 +0200

> when the text file is converted to HTML. Is this a known problem, or 

We have had line-wrapping which is far from ideal in a number of places
for quite some time; this is a known problem.  Not too long ago (some
time in June) I added a better wrapping function, and replaced some of
the old wrapper instances, but not for these pages.  I've done so now,
in commit [14060], and I've patched production.  Should look better now.

Best regards,

	Henrik