Subject: [Tools-discuss] inaccurate data tracker document search

From: David Harrington <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 13:58:50 -0400

Hi,

I’ve mentioned this in the past, but this bug has never been addressed.
If I do a document search from ietf.org <http://ietf.org/> “Internet drafts and RFC Quick Search”
	(which apparently goes to data tracker.ietf.org/doc/search) I get inaccurate results.

Search for “harrington” and two docs will show up - rfc4663 and rfc5249.

If I go to the RFC Editor page and search RFCs for “harrington”, twenty-one documents will show up.

I don’t know what database is being used for the quick search, but it is apparently incomplete, or the search engine used has problems.

dbh

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 00:23:53 +0200

Hi David,

The document search by default shows active drafts with the search term in
the draft name, and RFCs coming from drafts with the search term in the
draft name.

You'll get closer to the information I think you're looking for (but still
not a complete set, something I'll have a look at tomorrow) if you go to:

  https://datatracker.ietf.org/person/David%20Harrington

which lists 14 RFCs.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 15:22:13 +0200

Hi again Dave,

>   https://datatracker.ietf.org/person/David%20Harrington

I've now checked further, and it turns out that there were 2 different
profiles for you in the datatracker; the one above, and this one:

  https://datatracker.ietf.org/person/Dave%20Harrington

I've asked the secretariat to merge those two.

There were also 2 RFCs which had no author records, which I've fixed up.

Altogether, this should give a complete listing of your RFCs.  There's
a mismatch of 1 with the search result on rfc-editor.org, though; this
is caused by RFC1888, which matches Harrington, but was authored by
Dan Harrington.

Best regards,

	Henrik