Subject: [Tools-discuss] review postings leads to Force is Not With You 404.

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 14:22:51 -0400

starting from:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-anima-voucher-05-opsdir-lc-clarke-2017-10-04/

at the Posted-At header, links to:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ops-dir/TS9xuyE16bdjHGR1Vnd3Z1dKIp4

which says:
      The force is not with you today
      You cannot jedi mind trick your way into viewing this page, try again
      later.

screen capture:
http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/mcrcapture/3112.2017-10-25/capture1.png

What an awesome 404 page (guessing that what it means). Kudos :-)

Using the IMAP interface, I found the email, and found that it was archived
at a different url:
   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/anima/hcgPZtq80xJ4J5VN-AhvMuwtKGk

so the review posting interface must be guessing/making up a different URL.
Or maybe it's because it goes to two lists and the anima URL wins.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 11:51:18 -0700

> What an awesome 404 page (guessing that what it means). Kudos :-)

+1000

Also:

That feeling when I wish *I* had thought of that and used something like it
in *my* programming efforts.

(Imagining now a full-motion-video 404 page complete with lightsabers.)

*sigh*

There is never enough time...

Glen

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 23:11:06 +0200

Hi Michael,

> Or maybe it's because it goes to two lists and the anima URL wins.

The Posted-at URL comes from the review completion form, and in this
case a correct URL which unfortunately points at a restricted access
archive (ops-dir) was entered, so it's not terribly useful.

I've changed the URL to point at the one you found in the anima archives,
and I'm currently looking at ways to check the URLs in the review form
to avoid using restricted access URLs.

	Henrik