Subject: [Tools-discuss] New meeting materials management page

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:18:34 -0500

I notice that the old meeting materials management page 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/secr/proceedings/> now leads to a new 
destination <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/session>. Under 
the previous tool, Area Directors were able to update meeting materials 
for any of the working groups they managed (and it may have been broader 
than that -- it might have been any WG in their area or any WG at all). 
Under the new tool, this ability appears to have been removed: I can't 
perform any actions for any of my groups.

Was this removal intentional or an oversight?

/a

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:23:00 -0500

I noticed this, too. Can we still get to the old version?

> On Nov 3, 2017, at 9:18 AM, Adam Roach <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I notice that the old meeting materials management page <https://datatracker.ietf.org/secr/proceedings/> now leads to a new destination <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/session>. Under the previous tool, Area Directors were able to update meeting materials for any of the working groups they managed (and it may have been broader than that -- it might have been any WG in their area or any WG at all). Under the new tool, this ability appears to have been removed: I can't perform any actions for any of my groups.
> 
> --
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
> 
> Please report datatracker.ietf.org bugs at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb
> or send email to [email-masked]
> 
> Please report tools.ietf.org bugs at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/issues or
> send email to [email-masked]

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 15:36:19 +0100

Hi Adam,

> Was this removal intentional or an oversight?

I think this is an oversight.

And irrespective of that, if we think it's right that ADs should have
this ability, then putting it back is easy enough.  I'll do a patch.

If a reason to not permit this comes up, it's easy enough to back out
again.

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 15:46:58 +0100

Hi Adam,

I've applied a patch; please check how this works for you now.

Please note that I've done a new release earlier today, which has not
yet been deployed.  When that happens, I'll have to re-apply this
patch.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:48:40 -0500

Perfect. Thanks!

/a

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:54:58 -0500

+1

> On Nov 3, 2017, at 9:48 AM, Adam Roach <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Perfect. Thanks!
> 
> /a
>

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:53:26 -0700

Henrik,

> On Nov 3, 2017, at 7:36 AM, Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Adam,
> 

I am not sure why ADs should be able to do this.  Seem to me that if ADs are having to do this, then there is a bigger problem with their working group.  It clearly blurs the AD and WG Chair relationship.

Bob

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 17:56:27 +0100

On Nov 3, 2017, at 17:53, Bob Hinden <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I am not sure why ADs should be able to do this.

ADs sometimes stand in for a chair that may be unavailable for a meeting.
(Yes, that also blurs the roles somewhat, but when I have seen this the damage has been limited.)

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2017 08:04:33 +1300

> ADs sometimes stand in for a chair that may be unavailable for a meeting.

Or whose laptop has just broken or whatever. I can imagine numerous
unplanned events making this feature necessary.

> (Yes, that also blurs the roles somewhat, but when I have seen this the damage has been limited.)

If an AD uses this feature to do something egregious, we have much bigger
problems anyway.

    Brian

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 13:04:47 +0800

> I am not sure why ADs should be able to do this.  Seem to me that if ADs are having to do this, then there is a bigger problem with their working group.  It clearly blurs the AD and WG Chair relati…

The reason this is important for me this time around is that I have both 
chairs for a WG unable to attend the meeting this week. Rather than 
adding the people running the session to the WG as chairs -- which seems 
a bit odd -- I'm uploading materials on their behalf. This seems a 
perfectly reasonable use case.

/a