Subject: [Tools-discuss] Archaeology: draft-ietf-iab-case-for-ipv6

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:14:04 +1300

Does anybody know why draft-ietf-iab-case-for-ipv6
is unknown to the data tracker?

It went at least to version 06 (December 1999).

   Brian

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 04:22:24 +0100

Hi Brian,

> It went at least to version 06 (December 1999).

One possible way this may have happened is that the list of old drafts
known to the datatracker was constructed based on the secretariat-held
archives, where the draft exists only in compressed form (.txt.Z files).
I believe the -06 version was a tombstone version; but -00 to -05
exist in the tools-held archives.

I'll see if I can dig out an old script to add the -case-for-ipv6 metadata
to the datatracker.

Best regards,

	Henrik