Subject: [Tools-discuss] Datatracker header bar problem

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 14:58:43 -0400

I am not sure I can give enough information to usefully diagnose this 
problem, so I am sending an email instead of opening a ticket.

On the datatracker, the header bar has a "GROUPS" element.  If I mosue 
over that, and mouse over "Routing" I get a popup list that is supposed 
to have all the routing WGs.  It extends off the bottom of my screen.
(I am using a good resolution MAC, with the dock fixed at the bottom.) 
I can scroll the list somewhat, but once I scroll so that sfc appears at 
the bottom, any further scrolling scrolls the page, not the popup list.

I presume that the web management things that I have scrolled to the 
bottom of the list, and does not realize that the display actually 
extends past the bottom of the window, and is thus invisible?

Yours,
Joel

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:09:12 +0200

Hi Joel,

> extends past the bottom of the window, and is thus invisible?

Pretty much so.  A workaround is to use command-minus to make the browser
font smaller (temporarily), which would let the whole secondary menu
drop-down be visible on-screen.

This is not a new issue, and I haven't found a good way to deal with it.
One would wish that bootstrap (which has different layout settings for
different browser window sizes) would have some mechanism to deal with
sizing drop-down menus, but I haven't found any.  Setting different
fixed drop-down sizes cause other complaints (there were a number of them
when we introduced the bootstrap styling).

It bothers me that I don't have anything better to suggest, but it's not
for lack of tweaking :-(

Best regards,

	Henrik

>
> Yours,
> Joel
>
> ___________________________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
>
> Please report datatracker.ietf.org and mailarchive.ietf.org
> bugs at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb
> or send email to [email-masked]
>
> Please report tools.ietf.org bugs at
> http://tools.ietf.org/tools/issues
> or send email to [email-masked]
>

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:12:23 -0400

Thanks Henrik.  Sounds like you are as on top of it as possible, and I 
will stick with the various work-arounds.

Yours,
Joel

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 07:03:24 +0000

Can you use the left-hand nav pane?

-- 
Sent from a mobile device; please excuse typos.
+49 151 120 55791

> On Jul 16, 2018, at 21:13, Joel M. Halpern <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Thanks Henrik.  Sounds like you are as on top of it as possible, and I will stick with the various work-arounds.
> 
> Yours,
> Joel
>