Subject: [Tools-discuss] Datatracker email links and user login

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 15:44:17 -0400

Hi,

I have realized a complicating factor for getting the reviewers in 
TSVART review team to use the datatracker is that they miss their user 
specific options on review pages. So when the secretary assigns a review 
and the reviewer gets the email notification about the request to 
review. Then if one follows the link, the reviewer may not be logged in. 
And in that case they don't see the accept / reject buttons.

Is there some way to make these user specific links to also result in 
prompting the reviewer to log in if they are not already?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Architecture & Protocols, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 15:54:42 -0400

Magnus:

That is pretty easy to handle.  Could you please enter a ticket so that is does not get forgotten?

https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/newticket

Russ

> On Jul 13, 2018, at 3:44 PM, Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I have realized a complicating factor for getting the reviewers in TSVART review team to use the datatracker is that they miss their user specific options on review pages. So when the secretary assigns a review and the reviewer gets the email notification about the request to review. Then if one follows the link, the reviewer may not be logged in. And in that case they don't see the accept / reject buttons.
> 
> Is there some way to make these user specific links to also result in prompting the reviewer to log in if they are not already?
> 
> Cheers
> 
> Magnus Westerlund
> 
> ___________________________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
> 
> Please report datatracker.ietf.org and mailarchive.ietf.org
> bugs at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb
> or send email to [email-masked]
> 
> Please report tools.ietf.org bugs at
> http://tools.ietf.org/tools/issues
> or send email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 05:42:04 +0000

I think there was a change at some point that makes the data tracker more aggressive about requiring another sign in round, which makes this worse.

-- 
Sent from a mobile device; please excuse typos.
+49 151 120 55791

> On Jul 13, 2018, at 21:55, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Magnus:
>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 16:58:09 +0200

Hi Lars,

On 2018-07-14 07:42, Eggert, Lars wrote:
> I think there was a change at some point that makes the data tracker
> more aggressive about requiring another sign in round, which makes
> this worse.

I've also noticed this lately, and been somewhat surprised.  I'll
have a look.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 09:42:13 -0400

Created issue:

https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/2543

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 16:07:41 +0200

> https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/2543

Thank you!

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 18:50:25 +0200

> I've also noticed this lately, and been somewhat surprised.  I'll

I checked this, and the session cookie is still set to 4 weeks, but we're
saving session data in memcache, so there's a possibility that it gets
pushed out much earlier.  I'm going to check with Glen about increasing
the memory setting for memcached.

	Henrik

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 08:18:22 +0000

> the memory setting for memcached.

I basically need to log in every single day.

Lars

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:14:58 +0200

> I basically need to log in every single day.

Ack.  I've asked Glen to increase the memcached memory by a factor 4.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 09:03:13 +0000

> Ack.  I've asked Glen to increase the memcached memory by a factor 4.

Should an improvement in behavior be visible by now?

Thanks,
Lars

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 11:39:43 +0200

Hi Lars,

> Should an improvement in behavior be visible by now?

If the increase was sufficient to avoid cache filling up, yes.  Please
note that a new datatracker version was deployed earlier today, though;
if Glen did a restart rather than reload, that may also have logged you
out.

	Henrik

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 07:54:17 -0700

On 2018-7-17, at 14:14, Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I've asked Glen to increase the memcached memory by a factor 4.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 2:39 AM, Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> If the increase was sufficient to avoid cache filling up, yes.

More to the point.... if Glen had actually *made* the change to
memcached two weeks ago when Henrik *asked* him to, then perhaps an
improvement in behavior would have been visible.

But my brain failed to register my discussion with Henrik as a "do
it", owing to a bit of overload on my end, and so I blew right past it
and didn't even see it.  *sigh* My apologies.

memcached has been upgraded from 64M to 256M of storage, and I had to
restart it to do that, so you are all probably logged out again, but,
now, as Henrik says, if the increase was sufficient, you should see
improvement going forward.

And if not, we can upgrade it some more.

(And yes, I did do an Apache restart yesterday when I upgraded the
datatracker, as it makes testing faster for me, but those are much
less frequent than daily.)

Glen