Subject: [Tools-discuss] PDF versions of drafts changing?

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 16:45:06 -0500

Hi there,

I have a script which syncs documents from the IESG Telechat to my iPad so
that I can more easily read and annotate them.

Every now and then, the PDF version of a draft on the datatracker changes,
and I'm not sure why...

 I've attached an exmaple of this:
136368 Jan 30 08:47 draft-gutmann-scep-13 (conflicted copy 2019-01-30
084702).pdf
136368 Jan 29 10:03 draft-gutmann-scep-13.pdf

These 2 files are indeed different:
 shasum draft-gutmann-scep-13*
3f23174a22e64c096cd2d432913e227c060538e2  draft-gutmann-scep-13.pdf #1
e7fddea8c4979a0ee6006865b864b74eb49d3178  draft-gutmann-scep-13.pdf #2

but it **seems** that the only difference is the create / modify times:
< <rdf:Description rdf:about='uuid:680c2f42-5b6e-11f4-0000-ad0c1601b95c'
xmlns:xmp='http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/
'><xmp:ModifyDate>2019-01-28T15:10:09-08:00</xmp:ModifyDate>
< <xmp:CreateDate>2019-01-28T15:10:09-08:00</xmp:CreateDate>
---
> <rdf:Description rdf:about='uuid:4b9ee155-5bcc-11f4-0000-ad0c1601b95c'
xmlns:xmp='http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/
'><xmp:ModifyDate>2019-01-29T02:22:14-08:00</xmp:ModifyDate>
> <xmp:CreateDate>2019-01-29T02:22:14-08:00</xmp:CreateDate>

I know that the PDF files are not the archival ones,  etc, and I **can**
work around this, but I figured I'd ask if anyone knows why they are
changing?
It also didn't seem like a bug, and so I figured I'd ask here...

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf