Subject: [Tools-discuss] generated link from tools I-D page to final RFC?

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 22:02:59 -0600

Hi all,

Can someone remind me what the process is that generates a link from the
tools page for a draft to the final RFC, once that RFC is published?
E.g., https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-gss-loop shows a link
for RFC 7546, but
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-richer-vectors-of-trust-15 does not show
a link to RFC 8485.

I have this nagging ghost of a memory that it's a manually triggered
process, but can't find the right search terms to confirm/deny it.

Thanks,

Ben

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 04:51:33 +0000

It is a manual process, you enter "additional links" on the datatracker page for the group/document.

This is getting cleaned up and standardized soon.  I hope.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 06:49:39 +0100

Hi Ben,

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-richer-vectors-of-trust-15 does not show

It should appear automatically once the cache for the htmlized page times
out.

> process, but can't find the right search terms to confirm/deny it.

Sometimes I have to help it along.  If so, a mail to me is the way.

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 06:51:01 +0100

> It is a manual process, you enter "additional links" on the datatracker page for the group/document.

That's for the datatracker extra links, not the tools htmlized pages.

> This is getting cleaned up and standardized soon.  I hope.

There's a work item on the plan for this, yes.

	Henrik

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 13:39:01 +0000

Cool.

I am still expecting to have my code it ready to review in Prague.

On 1/23/19, 12:51 AM, "Henrik Levkowetz" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    

    	Henrik