Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Replacement status set during I-D submission

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 10:37:14 -0500

I suspect the problem you ran into was pasting 
"draft-klensin-recal-rev-00" into the replaces field in the submission 
form (which will not work). Others have run into that, and there is an 
outstanding ticket to improve the way the form behaves. See 
<https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/1375>

What would have worked was "draft-klensin-recal-rev".

The most recent codesprint added more documentation to the field to help 
others avoid that problem.

I think the control still could use more work to make it less likely 
that others run afoul of this.

For this draft, you can send a note to the secretariat asking them to 
add the replaces relationship.

RjS

On 3/31/19 12:12 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:
> Hi Russ,
> At 09:57 AM 31-03-2019, Russ Housley wrote:
>> If only the rev number is changing, the "replaces" should not be 
>> used.  The "replaces" is used to indicate an older file name, and it 
>> is most commonly used to indicate that an individual draft has been 
>> adopted by a WG.
>
> Thanks for the explanation.  I attempted a "Replaces" for 
> draft-klensin-recall-rev-00.   Does the datatracker cater for that 
> given that the two drafts are not WG documents?
>
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy
> ___________________________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
>
> Please report datatracker.ietf.org and mailarchive.ietf.org
> bugs at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb
> or send email to [email-masked]
>
> Please report tools.ietf.org bugs at
> http://tools.ietf.org/tools/issues
> or send email to [email-masked]

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 08:49:48 -0700

Hi Robert,
At 08:37 AM 01-04-2019, Robert Sparks wrote:
>"draft-klensin-recal-rev-00" into the replaces field in the 
>submission form (which will not work). Others have run into that,

Yes.

>  and there is an outstanding ticket to improve the way the form 
> behaves. See <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/1375>

Thanks for the URL.

>The most recent codesprint added more documentation to the field to 
>help others avoid that problem.

Ok.

>For this draft, you can send a note to the secretariat asking them 
>to add the replaces relationship.

I'll do that.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy