Subject: [Tools-discuss] webex stopped working...

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2019 12:05:00 -0400

This morning I failed to connect to two IETF meetings with webex's webrtc
From a Linux desktop.  I used both chrome and firefox.  In each case, after
the name/email page, it just got stuck loading, giving me a blank page.
This was on ietf.webex.com and cisco.webex.com.
(I dialed in to listen)

It used to work great.
Yes, I restarted browsers.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        |    IoT architect   [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 22:47:54 +0200

Hi Michael,

I’m not aware of anybody else who had trouble in our VI today.
I think most people are using the application (which is disguised as a browser plugin) and not the WebRTC variant though, so that may not be very indicative.

Grüße, Carsten

> On Oct 2, 2019, at 18:05, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Signed PGP part
>

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2019 17:33:22 -0400

Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > I think most people are using the application (which is disguised as a
    > browser plugin) and not the WebRTC variant though, so that may not be
    > very indicative.

Yes, the JAVA/JWS version, which would run fine on Linux for viewing screen
(but not audio, for reasons of poor programming), except that cisco has
marked it as incompatible.