Subject: [Tools-discuss] txtv2 vs txtv3

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 08:47:38 +1300

This is a bit detailed for the current discussion on [email-masked]

I've just started switching a draft from v2 to v3, since I know the
RFC Editor is likely to do so anyway. So I am today (and probably
not tomorrow) in a position to do a like-for-like comparison of the
two .txt output formats. It's posted, as rfcdiff output, at
https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~brian/Diff-draft-carpenter-limited-domains-12v2-12v3.html .
I'll leave you to enjoy it, except for these comments:

1. Please ignore the content, this is an unpublished version 
of the draft for now.

2. The v3 .txt is correctly paginated with [Page 2] style numbering.
John, I could send you the .txt file if you want to experiment
with your own tools.

3. There is a substantive one word difference (an extra "and"),
because I couldn't be bothered to run the whole tool chain again
for that typo.

4. There is a bug in the generation of a cross reference (see
the rather odd "Section 4 of Section 4" construct, which is correct
with the v2 tool chain). Henrik,  would you like the source files
to track that down?

Regards
   Brian

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 21:10:16 +0100

Hi Brian,

> with the v2 tool chain). Henrik,  would you like the source files

Yes, please.

Best regards,

	Henrik