Subject: [Tools-discuss] smooth draft submission and nice modern tooling

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 16:12:34 -0500

hi all--

I just submitted draft draft-autocrypt-lamps-protected-headers-02 via
the datatracker's document submission web interface, and was surprised
that i did not get the usual confirmation e-mail.  Instead, the document
was just published directly.

Perhaps this happened because i was logged into the web interface?  i
confess i don't know whether i'm typically logged in or not when i
submit drafts, but previous submissions have required me to do an e-mail
confirmation.

Anyway, the draft submission process was very smooth, and the resultant
HTML version at
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-autocrypt-lamps-protected-headers-02.html
looks quite handsome and functional, for two specific reasons:

 - The draft includes a dozen test vectors, which in some cases are
   fairly lengthy RFC822 messages.  They would otherwise have a page
   break in the middle of them, but they're clean and contiguous in this
   representation.

 - Non-ASCII unicode lets me draw very nice-looking MIME structure
   diagrams, identifying different parts of the MIME structure, and
   indicating decryption and unwrapping as well.

Thanks for all the maintenance work that has gone into making this
process as nice as it is today!

        --dkg

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 22:47:24 +0100

On 2019-12-20 22:12, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> Perhaps this happened because i was logged into the web interface?

Yup.  That was a change in 6.103.0 of September 26th:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/release/6.103.0/

>  i

Glad to hear this, on all counts :-)

	Henrik