Subject: [Tools-discuss] Location of PDF files at rfc-editor.org

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 18:36:30 -0800

I just tried to download a copy of an RFC that was published in the past
week, RFC 8689.

The PDF locations seem to have moved. The "traditional" location, linked
from the document page on Datatracker, would have been:

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/pdfrfc/rfc8689.txt.pdf

But this isn't where the PDF is; instead it's at:

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8689.pdf

(same location as the .txt file but with .pdf extension).

Apparently this is a result of the RFC v3 conversion. Not sure how we
should handle the old vs. new locations.

-Jim

---

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 15:56:41 -0800

> should handle the old vs. new locations.

FYI, I have created a ticket (#2844) for this.

-Jim