Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] [lamps] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7030est-clarify-02

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 14:13:02 -0400

Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > Thanks for making the updates.  I compiled the ASN.1 module, and the
    > compiler caught something that I read past.  There is a missing letter
    > "a" in the ASN.1 module.  Also the text in Section 4.1 has a third
    > spelling.  Please make them all match ...

On a related topic,  I think that a significant place to offload the DT
infrastructure is in the draft submission system.

This could be split off *datatracker*.ietf.org, to something like
"submit.ietf.org" or some other name.

This would fit into the scalable stuff that Richard Barnes has been
advocating.   Splitting up idnits into several pieces would be good, I think.
We do YANG checks already.
I think we once had SNMP checks, but I'm unclear about that.

We should have some ASN.1 compile checks, and CDDL checks would come too.

These would all do very well inside a container that would execute with *no*
networking access: all references would need to be inside the container.
(Or it could run with very limited network access to our known sources)

The resulting container would be something that people could run locally if
they wanted.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-