Subject: [Tools-discuss] meetech feature request - split chat & speaker identification

From: Doug Montgomery <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 11:57:15 -0400

1.  In a few working groups where audio queue management has seemed a bit
slow / awkward - I found it much more efficient to just type a full
sentence question into the meetecho chat.  The chair noticed the chat read
the question - identifying it as coming from me - and it was smooth &
seamless.    The feature request I would like to suggest is a way to
highlight or separate a chat message that is meant "for the room / meeting"
and the usual side conversations (snarking) that is going on in the chat.
 "mic:" prefix is not really enough in large WGs with a lot of side chat.

2.  Recognizing the other comments about the difficulty of identifying who
is speaking - I would like to suggest that having the tool display a
datatracker registered avatar/image of the those enabled to send audio,
display their registration name / affiliation below their image, and
putting indication (e.g. red border) around the image tile of those
actually speaking would be useful.   Frankly, while I find seeing
everyone's home office interesting, I think this functionality would be
much more useful in speaker tracking than the live video of the speakers.

dougm
-- 
DougM at Work