Subject: [Tools-discuss] over-zealous mail-send notification caching?

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 17:59:28 -0700

Hi all,

I'm not really sure the best way to describe this, but recently (the past
few days, maybe) I've been getting a lot more of the yellow "Email was
sent" notices at the top of the page after I perform an operation that
sends mail.  In particular, I'll get the notice about mail sent by a
previous operation (just now I got some from as far back as August 7th),
and having previously dismissed any given notification does not seem to
prevent me from seeing it again after a subsequent operation.

Having the whole page taken up by "Email was sent" notices is a bit
distracting :)

I'm not sure how much more information is needed for an actionable report;
I'll try to take better notes as to whether I only see this after an action
that itself generates an email (vs other page loads).  Possibly relatedly
(to the over-zealous caching), I have been seeing sporadic instances where
doing something that sends mail (possibly only entering a ballot position,
but I'm not 100% sure) leaves me at a page other than the page I was coming
from (i.e., some other document entirely).  Perhaps a common thread is that
I have multiple datatracker tabs open and I've done some other operation in
between starting to ballot and finishing, and the operation in the other
tab overwrites the per-tab state for where to send me back to?  This has
been happening for longer than the overly persistent "Email was sent"
notices, though -- months, probably.

Thanks,

Ben

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:26:44 +0200

Hi Ben,

We've had one other report about this, but a straightforward attempt at
reproducing it in the development environment hasn't been successful.
Which browser version (or versions) do you use?

Regards,

	Henrik

On 2020-08-11 02:59, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> ___________________________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss
> 
> Please report datatracker.ietf.org and mailarchive.ietf.org
> bugs at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb
> or send email to [email-masked]
> 
> Please report tools.ietf.org bugs at
> http://tools.ietf.org/tools/issues
> or send email to [email-masked]
>

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 07:13:35 -0700

Hi Henrik,

I'm on Chrome 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit) for Linux.

-Ben