Subject: [Tools-team] Tools team query: Is there an obligation to know who I-D submissions are coming from?

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:48:06 +0200

Jorge,

question about the impact of IPR statements on Internet-Draft submission 
procedures:

Given that the submitter of a draft makes certain commitments to IPR 
policies.... does the IETF have any requirement to know the identity of a 
draft submitter?

does the IETF have any obligation to attempt to verify that a submitter is 
who he/she claims to be?

I would like to allow for publication of drafts that appear anonymous - but 
I'm uncertain whether or not there's a requirement that the secretariat can 
trace back who made the IPR promises on an anonymous draft.....

It would be nice if we could just accept what people say, no matter what 
they say - but that may be too easy :-)

                  Harald

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team