Subject: [Tools-team] First try at a priority list

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:41:32 +0200

Hi,

    Below is a first proposal at a list of tools for the team to work
at.  I suggest we bash it about a bit internally, but not too long,
and then send it to the ietf, wgchairs (and iesg?) lists for comments.

	Tool						Users
	----------------------------------------------	-----------
	WG Status update web interface 			Secretariat
	XML publication of IETF Meta-information	Tool Builders
	WG Meeting scheduler				Secretariat
	WG page components, provided to all WGs:
	    * Draft status page (revs, diffs, comments)	WGs, Chairs
	    * Issue tracker, mailing list integration	WGs, Chairs
	    * Wiki					WGs, Chairs
	    * Collaboration pages			WGs, Chairs
	    * List traffic summary			WGs, Chairs
	Html-ized WG agendas				IETF attendees
	I-D tracker extended for use by Chairs		Chairs, Authors	
	Publication request tool			Secretariat, Chairs
	RSS/Atom feeds for new IDs, RFCs, WGs, ...	Tool Builders

Henrik

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:39:18 -0600 (MDT)

> 	Tool						Users

Henrik,

 	Could you point me to details about this one? I am not sure 
what it is. WG ticket tracking by Secretariat?

> 	XML publication of IETF Meta-information       Tool Builders

Do you mean things like draft and RFC meta-info? And/or info about 
IETF Actors, events, etc.? If yes, I would expand that to include 
rendering of that information as well. That is, in addition to 
providing raw XML for automated consumption, render that info for 
human consumption (in some cases that is already supported).

I would also include "Draft status page" here (perhaps as a separate 
item) instead of below, because virtually the same tools/interfaces 
would apply to WG and individual drafts, and we have lots of 
individual drafts.

> 	    * Draft status page (revs, diffs, comments)	WGs, Chairs

Yes, but I would make it non-WG specific (see above).

> 	    * Issue tracker, mailing list integration	WGs, Chairs

Do you mean integrating issue tracking and mailing lists? What does 
that mean? Auto-copying certain e-mails to WG issue tracker?

> 	RSS/Atom feeds for new IDs, RFCs, WGs, ...	Tool Builders

I would also add "proposed WG" support tools (web and mailing list 
space for BoFs, proposed charters, formation discussions, etc). I 
would suggest placing it after or before the last item.

Thanks,

Alex.

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:39:21 -0600 (MDT)

Henrik,

 	I would like to add an "Inform me when Foo happens" 
tool/interface, including support for "inform me when this draft 
changes" and "inform me when this WG charter/drafts change" features. 
I would put it after "WG page components" item.

Thanks,

Alex.