Subject: Re: [Tools-team] Archive meant to be public?

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 10:53:34 +0200

Allison Mankin wrote:

> I just noticed that the tools-team archive is publically accessible.
> 
> http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tools-team/current/maillist.html
> 
> Did you want this?

Harald suggested that although the list is not an open list, the 
archives should be publicly accessable, and I don't have a problem
with that.

Do you have reservations?

	Henrik

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 07:42:00 -0700

Henrik,

I don't have reservations, but good to know now.  

It has some impact on the comments one might publish, of
course, and I don't recall it having been stated in writing
to the mailing list (but perhaps I'm the only person who did
not have this information).

Allison

P.S. additional context for my question:  the rendering public
of mailing lists at ietf.org has often happened accidentally
in the past.

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:35:32 -0600 (MDT)

> http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tools-team/current/maillist.html

Yes. I hope you did not post any comments that were not meant for the 
public to see (we can probably remove a message if you did).

Your question is a good example of why a W3C-like "do you know your 
message is going to be archived?" consent-checking system is a very 
good idea for IETF mailing lists.

Thanks,

Alex.