Subject: [Tools-team] meet with Carl Malamud?

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:04:10 -0700

I suggest we try to schedule a joint meeting with
Carl Malamud to coordinate the work of the tools
team with administrative restructuring of IETF.
We could just invite him to join the regular
teleconference one week, or schedule a special
session.

What do you think about this idea?

Larry

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 01:13:00 +0200

> teleconference one week, or schedule a special

I think that sounds like a good plan, so I'm sending
this reply to Carl too.

Carl, how does this sound to you?

	Henrik

---

From: Carl Malamud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:59:55 -0700 (PDT)

Sounds great!  Let me know when and where.

Regards,

Carl

[ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 02:43:04 +0200

> Sounds great!  Let me know when and where.

Next meeting:

   Teleconference Wednesday 22 Sep, 16:00 GMT 

Connection details:

   To join the call, dial +1-734-531-0125 and enter PIN 0151989.

   One can also join the call by dialing:
     sip:[email-masked]    
   on a SIP-enabled voice communications client.

   If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
   system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
     https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
   and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

Welcome!

	Henrik

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:07:35 -0600 (MDT)

> What do you think about this idea?

I think it is a good idea, but I would like us to have a Carl-specific 
agenda developed before the meeting though. Inviting Carl without a 
well thought-through Carl-specific agenda sounds like a waste of 
Carl's valuable time.

What kind of coordination between tools and administrative 
restructuring do we think is needed? Larry, did you have some specific 
issues in mind? Can you help define the agenda? What can Carl help us 
with? How can we help Carl?

Thanks,

Alex.

P.S. I just saw that Henrik had invited Carl to the next telechat.
      We can put Carl-specific items first on the agenda.

---

From: Carl Malamud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 10:50:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hmmm ... I think step 1 is maybe you can tell me what you
folks are up to and are trying to do.  I've read the tools-discuss
list, and looked at the draft if that helps, but it would be
nice to hear from all of you where you think this is heading.

Don't you think that makes sense as a first step?  I'm happy
to just listen in on the call, or you can do it more formally
and put me on an agenda and then have me sign off when you
move on to other items.  Either way is fine.

Regards,

Carl

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:02:07 -0600 (MDT)

Carl,

 	An informal exchange of plans/ideas is just fine, of course, 
provided you are willing to join us for more telechats later, when we 
know more about each other efforts and have specific topics to 
discuss. I was assuming you are too busy to do it more than once in 
the foreseeable future :-).

Thanks,

Alex.

---

From: Carl Malamud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:36:31 -0700 (PDT)

> the foreseeable future :-).

Telechats are easy ... happy to participate as needed!

Regards,

Carl

---

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:32:53 -0700

Personally, I like to think of the "tools" work as
just a part of the overall restructuring of IETF administration.
>From this point of view, I'd like to hear from Carl about
his thoughts on what our priorities should be, and how
we can coordinate the work of the tools team with the
administrative restructuring.

I believe that, often, workflow automation technology is
used as the instrument of organizational change; further,
that we should evaluate 'tools' by how they impact the
efficiency of the processes and organizations they impact.

Larry
-- 
http://larry.masinter.net