Subject: [Tools-team] FW: MIME registration for application/gdiff

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:44:32 -0700

Maybe IANA registration tools should be on the list?
It's not "the secretariat", but it is "IETF administration",
especially for registrations that require IESG approval.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lisa Dusseault
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 2:40 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: MIME registration for application/gdiff

I'm trying to register a MIME type officially for application/gdiff.  
This type was defined in a W3C NOTE several years ago:

<http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-gdiff-19970901>

That Note defines the MIME type but apparently the authors never 
registered the MIME type with IANA.  Now we'd like to use gdiff in 
applications where we'd be using the MIME type so having it officially 
registered would be nice.   For example in:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-http-patch-05.txt>

I submitted the registration through the IANA web form six weeks ago 
but haven't gotten a response other than the automated form submission 
response.  Is this smoothly underway or is there anything else I need 
to or can optionally do to help this registration out?  Is there 
anywhere to see the status of requests?

Thanks,
Lisa Dusseault

PS I had to subscribe to this list to get my posting accepted -- I 
first sent this message in August but it disappeared into a black hole.

Lisa

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:29:24 -0600 (MDT)

> especially for registrations that require IESG approval.

I think it should be added, once we have the XML tool database in 
place. I am supposed to post a draft XML format on team wiki and will 
try to do that today.

You should probably add it to public wiki for now; we can easily grab 
stuff from there without introducing conflicts...

Thanks,

Alex.

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:41:11 +0200

> especially for registrations that require IESG approval.

Definitely belongs on the list.
For now, it should probably be listed as "for completeness".