Subject: [Tools-team] New Intellectual Property Rights Web Page

From: "Barbara B. Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 17:08:20 -0400

Dear TOOLS Team:

For your information, the IETF Secretariat has deployed a new intellectual 
property rights Web page, the "IETF IPR Disclosure Page" 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ipr_disclosure.cgi). This new Web page 
provides the following features:

* A Web interface for submitting IPR disclosures, including third-party IPR 
disclosures.

* A search capability for identifying IPR disclosures related to an 
Internet-Draft, RFC, or working group, or submitted by a given patent 
owner/applicant, or containing key words in the document title.

* A list of all generic, specific, and third-party IPR disclosures 
currently on file, with an active link to each.

The templates for submitting IPR Disclosures are based on the template 
provided in RFC 3905, "A Template for IETF Patent Disclosures and Licensing 
Declarations," which was published in September 2004.  The template was 
modified to accommodate "generic" and "third-party" IPR disclosures, and to 
incorporate comments from reviewers.

Work on the "IETF IPR Disclosure Page" was initiated prior to the formation 
of the TOOLS Team.  The tool was reviewed and tested by the IPR Working 
Group, and was approved for deployment by Harald.

Regards,

Barbara

------------------------------------------------
Barbara B. Fuller
Acting Executive Director
Internet Engineering Task Force

Natick, Massachusetts Office:

Phone: +1-508-650-4020
Fax:     +1-508-650-4639

Reston, Virginia Office:

Phone: +1-703-620-9053
Fax:     +1-703-620-9071  

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:21:54 +0200

Hi Barbara,

    Thanks for the heads-up about this :-)

I'll add this page to the list of tools on the tools web-site shortly.

	Henrik