Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 24 November 2004 Telechat

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:57:36 +0100

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.

---------------------------------------------------------

0. Bill's data extraction scripts

	Bill has some scripts which extracts data from web
	available resources - we might use these as starting
	point for meta-data extraction.  Bill will make the
	scripts available for us to look at (as a tangled
	mess :) and database access, in order to be able to
	generate a prototype xml presentation of some meta-data.

1. Agenda bashing

	No changes	

2. Comments on minutes from last teleconference.

	None

3. Status of I-D submission tool draft

	The 3-week request for comments period expires today.
	Alex will summarise requested changes to the list and
	update the draft.  Henrik will submit for publication.

4. Go over revised priority list

   http://tools.ietf.org/wiki/ToolPriorityList

	Draft status page - revision control should not be
	part of the status page.  Belongs in the WG page
	components.  Also add community as draft status page
	users.

	Meeting scheduler item - the specific mention of MS
	Word as a format maybe should be removed.  Say "format
	for the typesetter" instead.

	Should scheduler support ICAP protocol??  No, wouldn't
	put that as a requirement.  Wouldn't mind having it,
	but is not needed.  Maybe something that give people
	downloadable information which can be merged with their
	schedules. iCalendar may be the most reasonable format
	for that.

	Meeting scheduler is not an easy-to-do item - this is
	something which if it works is a marketable item.
	- This might be a tool which aids a human, rather than
	a tool which automates the scheduling.
	- After specifying the requirements we might look at
	possible commercial tools for this
	= Bill looked at this, and found a greedy algorithm
	which kind'a worked - it might be possible to automate
	this.

	Add information about what items are assigned within
	the team.

5. Charter update

   http://tools.ietf.org/wiki/ProposedCharterUpdate

	Henrik fills in dates for the milestones, send a note
	to the list when ready to review.

	Give milestone years only for milestones which have not
	been assigned to somebody.

6. Action item review.

   * All:	Participate in the Work item / priority discussion

	Done

   * Stas: 	Start looking at Notification Service Requirements

	Have this on his plate.  First draft middle of December.

   * Alex:	Start looking at Draft Status Page Requirements

	Have started thinking.  Want to post first draft by Mon.
	December 6th.

   * Donald:	Start looking at WG Meeting Scheduler Requirements

	Not on call.

   * Henrik:	Put together new charter proposal

7. Any other business.

	Should we put deadlines on the first drafts upcoming?
	- Done.

8. Action items for next week

   * Bill:	Provide tangled mess of Meta-data extraction scripts
		and database access to the team, for possible setup of
		prototype xml meta-data publication.

   * Stas: 	Start looking at Notification Service Requirements.
		First draft middle of December.

   * Alex:	Continue thinking about Draft Status Page Requirements
		First draft by Mon. December 6th.

   * Alex:	Summarize draft-submission comments to the list,
		update draft to be ready for submission for publication.

   * Henrik:	Submit draft-submission draft for publication when
		it's ready

   * Henrik:	Update Wiki Tool priority list according to comments.

   * Henrik: 	Update proposed charter with dates.  Ask for feedback
		on list.  Submit to Harald when ready.

   * Donald:	Start looking at WG Meeting Scheduler Requirements

9. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 1 Dec, 17:00 GMT (same local time as
  today).

---------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-531-0125 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialing:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: "Alex Rousskov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:39:10 -0700

> 	generate a prototype xml presentation of some meta-data.

I think sharing just the database is enough as a starting point and will  
save Bill some time (it is usually rather time consuming to share an  
entangled mess of cron jobs and such!). I thought that database sharing  
(without the scripts) is what we agreed on during the conference call.

Thanks,

Alex.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:32:13 +0100

> (without the scripts) is what we agreed on during the conference call.

No, the notes were taken right on the spot and reflect what
we said.  And beside that the database alone doesn't give
any understanding of where the data comes from currently, so
I'd like to have a look at the scripts, too.  But I can do
the digging - no fixing and cleaning required.

	Henrik

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:48:22 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

> we said.

If you say so.

> And beside that the database alone doesn't give
> I'd like to have a look at the scripts, too.

I do not see the vital importance of current sources, but it does not 
hurt to know, of course (provided Bill is willing to spend time on 
giving you what you need).

> But I can do the digging - no fixing and cleaning required.

Just collecting and packaging may take some time, but that's up to 
Bill to decide, I guess.

Alex.