Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 17 November 2004 Telechat

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:51:36 +0100

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.

---------------------------------------------------------

Agenda:

1. Agenda bashing

	Nothing

2. New team member: Donald Eastlake III

3. Comments on minutes from last teleconference.

	None

4. IETF meeting slides:

	http://tools.ietf.org/slides/61/ietf-61-tools-team.pdf

5. Status of I-D submission tool draft

	Comments from the genarea meeting indicated no
	major comments on the current draft - most comments
	were on making a policy change to requiring xml to
	be submitted.

	Call for comments expires on Nov 24 (in one week).
	Few comments so far.  Next draft will be submitted
	for publication as informal RFC.  Last chance to
	read through and fix things.

6. Next work items

	The current priority list has been posted for comments
	to the wgchairs list.  To the next meeting, I'd like
	to settle this as firm for now, with a possible revision
	to be done after the next IETF.

	Alex: 	Item 5, Would like to work on draft status pages, but 
		can work on other stuff too.  Also item 2, but
		would like not to be lead on that.

	Stas:	Item 7, Notification service, merged with 11, RSS
		and Atom feeds

	Larry:	Item 3, Common components, requirements

	Maybe re-arrange priority a bit, working on meta-data
	in parallel with some other items (like those mentioned
	above)

	Work on meta-data on the wiki page to start with, and
	update according to experience with other items.

7. Charter update

	I'd like to propose a charter update on the following
	points:

	1. Add new milestones in accordance with the finalised
	priority list of work items.

	2. Add a clause indicating that the tools team may run
	an ietf-owned server which hosts tools we set up and/or
	maintain ourselves, as a complement to secretariat-run
	servers.

	Alex: Maybe we're mixing to many issues here.  Setting up
	a server is easy, maintaining it is heavy.  There's also
	a question of ownership of tools - this is separate from
	ownership of the server.  Tools must be open source.
	
	Alex: Deploying tools which don't require support seems to
	make sense, while deploying tools which require support
	from the team is out of scope.

	Larry: We could write down what we think the operational
	requirements are for such a server, rather than ourself
	getting into support of it, and then it's up to the
	management to get the needed resources.  HW + BW + support.
	Let's identify what it takes to run this as a service.
	We should not get into the issue of prejudicing whether
	fortec could win a bid or not - we should just specify
	the requirements for a service like this.  Maybe Bernard
	could help with developing a Service Level Agreement.

8. Action item review.

  * Alex: 	Assist with slide text about the submission tool for
		the genarea slides
	Done

  * Henrik:	Put together the slides, combining Alex' text with
		general info, call for new team members, and priority
		list info.
	Done

9. Any other business.

	None

10. Action items for next week:

  * All:	Participate in the Work item / priority discussion

  * Stas: 	Start looking at Notification Service Requirements

  * Alex:	Start looking at Draft Status Page Requirements

  * Donald:	Start looking at WG Meeting Scheduler Requirements

  * Henrik:	Put together new charter proposal

  * Larry:	Have a nice vacation :-)

11. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 24 Nov, 17:00 GMT (same local time as
  today).

---------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-531-0125 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialing:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team