Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 3 November 2004 Telechat

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 18:24:08 +0100

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.

---------------------------------------------------------

Agenda:

1. Agenda bashing

	None

2. Comments on minutes from last teleconference.

	None

3. Status of I-D submission tool draft

	Harald has sent out the IETF-wide call for comments,
	running 3 weeks till November 24th.

4. Action item review.

* Henrik:	Put all tool information into the XML format the page
		generation tool expects.  Generate pages.

	-

* Henrik:	Try to make the tool XML files editable through the
		wiki.

	-

* Henrik:	Start a wiki page for expanded item description, send
		message to mailing list when ready to start
		discussion.

	Done: http://tools.ietf.org/wiki/ToolPriorityList

* Henrik:	Post slides for the Washington IETF meeting.

	-

* Henrik:	Send out solicitation to wgchairs and tools-discuss
		for more team members

	Prepared, not done

* Henrik:	Request last call of the draft from Harald.

	Done

6. Any other business.

7. Action items for next week:

  * Alex: 	Assist with slide text about the submission tool for
		the genarea slides

  * Henrik:	Put together the slides, combining Alex' text with
		general info, call for new team members, and priority
		list info.

8. Next meeting:

 Face-to-face meeting at the IETF: Monday during dinner
 break, 17:30 - 19:30.  Meet by the IETF registration
 desk.

 Genarea meeting, Tuesday November 9, 15:45 - 16:45

 Teleconference Wednesday 17 Nov, 17:00 GMT (same local time as
 today).

---------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-531-0125 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialing:
sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: "Alex Rousskov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 15:39:21 -0700

>   * Alex:	Assist with slide text about the submission tool for

Henrik,

	Here are some bullets for your slides. Please feel free to edit as needed  
and let me know if you need anything else.

* ID Submission Toolset
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tools-draft-submission-06.txt
	- Goals
	- Features
	- Implementation stages
	- Status and plans
	
* Goals
	- painless submission of most drafts
	  (at least as easy is it is today)
	- fast draft posting
	  (seconds, not days)
	- negligible Secretariat involvement/overhead
	- reliability
	  (limiting effects of "bad" submissions and attacks)
	- collecting meta-information for other tools and humans

* Features
	- automated checking of many idnits
	- automated metadata extraction
	- web interface (idnits checked before posting)
	- email interface (idnits warnings sent back after posting)
	- verification of access to submitter email
	  (weak, but better than what we have now)
	- accepting XML sources and other legal formats
	- manual (via Secretariat) posting mode as a last resort

* Implementation stages
	- Trial: plain text format, core functions (45 days)
	  (frees Secretariat from handling at least 70% of the drafts)
	- Production: XML and plain text formats (100 days)
	  (Secretariat handles only unusual drafts; other tools use metadata)
	- Enhancements: other formats, bells and whistles (oo)

* Status and plans
	- IETF call for comments until November 24th (please review!)
         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tools-draft-submission-06.txt
	- Publish as an Informational(?) RFC after addressing review comments
	- Implement the Trial stage
	- Launch

HTH,

Alex.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:05:24 +0100

Thanks Alex,

    This was very good.  I've put together slides for this now, and 
expect to do the rest of them this evening, and put up pdf versions
of the slides then, if anybody wants to comment.

	Henrik

Alex Rousskov wrote:
>     Here are some bullets for your slides. Please feel free to edit as 
> needed  and let me know if you need anything else.
> 
> * ID Submission Toolset
>