Subject: [Tools-team] ID Submission draft, version 6 versus 7

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:01:59 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

 	I just sent version 7 of the ID Submission draft to the 
Secretariat. The RFC Editor-style diff (produced with Henrik's 
rfcdiff) is attached to this email. Here is the extracted change log:

    version 07

       *  Added R146, a requirement to generate a warning (and,
          eventually, a complete diff) when the produced plain text does
          not match the submitted one (even if metadata matches).

       *  Added a stage-c suggestion R148 to add a smart fuzzy match
          function to compare submitted and generated-from-XML texts.
          Hinted at using multiple xml2rfc versions to avoid warnings
          based on minor xml2rfc differences alone.

       *  Added R150 to eventually support submission of compressed
          drafts (via both web and email interfaces).  Noted that the
          Secretariat currently does not accept "zip" archives.

       *  Be explicit that CGI is not somehow mandated for server-side
          implementations.  The implementor will pick the right
          technology given all the factors, including her experience and
          available tools (Henning Schulzrinne).

       *  Added "opaqueness" to the list of web interface advantages,
          inspired by the number of folks complaining about their drafts
          being mutated by the mail system while in-transit to the draft
          archive.

I hope this version resolves all outstanding issues and does not 
introduce new ones. Please let me know if any more changes are in 
order.

Thank you,

Alex.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team