Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 15 December 2004 Telechat

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:44:24 +0100

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.

---------------------------------------------------------

0. Present Alex, Stas, Bill.

	Henrik briefly sketched an idea of basing an issue tracker for
	IETF use on a mail archive software, with the added possibility
	of marking individual messages as part of one or more issues;
	this way a lot of the cutting and pasting or editing and re-
	mailing which has to be done with other issue trackers
	( e.g.,	Roundup and RT) would go away, and the effort of doing
	issue tracking would become much less burdensome.  This would
	be appropriate for the IETF in particular, because
	discussion relevant to issues should be on the mailing list,
	anyway.

	Alex believed that it would not be a good idea, the benefits
	would be a minor thing and there are many other sides to an
	issue tracker which are more important.  An appropriate tool
	would be more like a MUA than a web interface.

	Bill mentioned that you could use the mail interface to RT to
	do cutting and editing, and then bounce the message to RT,
	instead of having to paste it in.

1. Agenda bashing

	None	

2. Comments on minutes from last teleconference.

	None

3. Status of I-D submission tool draft

	Unable to work on the draft previous weeks.  Should be done in
	a week, though.

4. Action item review.

   * Henrik: 	Talk to Donald.

	Done.  Donald had expected the tools team to be more about
	implementation than requirements specification.  One suggestion
	put to him was that doing a prototype implementation would be
	one way of specifying a scheduling tool.  No response to this
	suggestion at this time.  Donald also indicated that would be
	attending today, but it seems he couldn't make it.

   * Stas: 	Start looking at Notification Service Requirements.
		First draft middle of December.

	Had hoped to have -00 version of Notification draft by
	now, but unfortunately a lot of other things intervened.
	Will try to have a -00 by next week.

   * Alex:	Continue thinking about Draft Status Page
		Requirements
		First draft by Mon. December 6th.

	Same as for the I-D submission tool - no time to work on this
	the last weeks.

   * Alex:	Summarize draft-submission comments to the list,
		update draft to be ready for submission for
		publication.

	As above

   * Henrik:	Submit draft-submission draft for publication when
		it's ready

	N/a

   * Donald:	Start looking at WG Meeting Scheduler Requirements

	-

5. Action items for next meeting

   * Stas: 	Start looking at Notification Service Requirements.
		First draft by Wed. December 22nd.

   * Alex:	Continue thinking about Draft Status Page
		Requirements.
		First draft by Wed. December 22nd.

	Same as for the I-D submission tool - no time to work on this
	the last weeks.

   * Alex:	Summarize draft-submission comments to the list,
		update draft to be ready for submission for
		publication.

   * Henrik:	Submit draft-submission draft for publication when
		it's ready

6. Any other business.

	Nothing

7. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 5 Jan, 17:00 GMT (same local time as
  today).

---------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-531-0125 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team