Subject: [Tools-team] tool suggestion for MPLS IETF

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:12:29 -0500

Recalling a discussion from the last IETF, it sure would be nice if
there was a single web page that listed all WG agendas, and the
agendas were actually up-to-date.

Problem statement:

WG agendas should be collected on a single page, and be updatable in
essentially real-time, even during the WG meetings; can't we just have
a tool that does this?
    
requirements (?)
    - viewable via browser of course, should be html to support links
      (e.g., to IDs, etc.).  But .txt file works too.
    - single rsync/wget to get a snapshot of entire set of agendas
      (e.g., before getting onto plane)
    - chairs can update as often as they like (in real time),
      including moments before their WG meeting.
    - simple format/interface is fine -- each chair gets to update
      one file (i.e, their agenda). so, need the equivalent of
      allowing a restricted "scp" to update a page
    - run without secretariate help, so CNRI doesn't have be involved
      (they have enough to do around meeting times anyway,  it
      seems. Plus, we want this to be done completely through software.)
    - might be useful to have a secondary tool that sends reminders to
      chairs  of wgs that don't have  agendas listed, at least to get
      at least an initial agenda posted... But that is detail...

(might be more requirements...)

Thoughts?

What about running a prototype/experiment that attempts the above and
then evaluate how it works? We do it ourselves, on our own (non-CNRI)
web site, and ask WG-chairs to participate.

Thomas

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:42:31 +0100

if someone were to run a wiki initialized with the agenda, it seems that 
little more would be required.....

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:41:01 +0100

> little more would be required.....

Hmm, yes - I'll think about combining my html mark-up script with wiki
pages - that might give us close to all that Thomas mentions...

	Henrik