Subject: [Tools-team] "lurker" mailing list archiver

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:57:36 -0800

Has anyone played with "lurker"?  I am finding it interesting;
I installed it on rtg.ietf.org and imported the IETF and IDR list
archives (spam and all).

http://rtg.ietf.org/lurker/

The thread view seems pretty reasonable:

http://rtg.ietf.org/lurker/thread/20050106.150932.66b208d7.en.html

and searching is good too (you can use google-like prefixes for
subject, mailing list, author, thread to limit the search).

  Bill

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:44:23 +0100

Hi Bill,

> I installed it on rtg.ietf.org and imported the IETF and IDR list

I used lurker to archive the tools-team conversation before we got
the mailing list set up, but haven't played with it since then.  Some
of it seemed good to me, while other parts seemed a bit more contrived.

I think the big plus is the search facility, while for just reading a
thread I found the pipermail archives (what comes with Mailman) easier.

	Henrik