Subject: Re: [Tools-team] draft-ietf-tools-notification-00.txt

From: "Alex Rousskov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:37:15 -0700

On Tue, 2005/01/25 (MST), <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Does the submission tool enforce uniqueness of draft file names even
> after expiration?

Yes:

    3.  Draft ID must be correct (R22/a), including the draft version
        number value.  Draft version numbers must start with zero and
        increase by one with every new version.  To satisfy this
        requirement, the Toolset would have to consult the repository of
        already posted drafts, including expired ones.

Note, however, that if IETF trully expires a draft (as in "forgets it ever  
existed"), there is no "expired draft" to talk about and the question  
becomes moot... I hope that all posted draft versions are kept somewhere,  
even after they expire.

Alex.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:55:58 -0800

>becomes moot... I hope that all posted draft versions are kept somewhere,  

Yes, history is kept - again not necessarily per policy, just as
the way the tools work.  all_id.txt is generated from the history
database - 12,743 entries, 8,330 of which are expired, earliest
"last changed" date 1989-06-01.

  Bill