Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 23 Feb 2005 Telechat

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:38:35 +0100

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.  

---------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Stas, Alex, Donald, Bill

1. Agenda bashing

	Nothing

2. Comments on minutes from last teleconference.

	Nope

3. Action item review.

   * Stas: 	Continue working on the Notification Service
		Requirements.
	Alex' and Bill's comments read, but not yet integrated into the
	draft.  The aim is to do this integration and send a new version
	to the list before Minneapolis	

   * Alex:	Continue thinking about Draft Status Page
		Requirements.  Post new version before submission
		cut-off.
	New version posted (but hasn't been announced yet).  Some feed-
	back from the team on that document is desired before continuing
	work on the next version.

   * Bill:	Try to have a sample XML feed ready, with transformation
		to RSS in place, based on the current database.
	Bill's database turned out not to be in quite the state he
	thought, and it seems infeasible to generate prototype feeds
	from it.  Bill will produce a feed mock-up instead.

   * Henrik:	Help with the mapping of notification elements to Atom
	Not done.

   * Henrik:	Bring WG and Agenda pages to a state where they are
		generally usable.  Send message to WG chairs list,
		and solicit input.
	WG pages released to the wg chairs list, and well received.
	Will put link to the pages on the main IETF Tools site, and
	post summary of status and comments received to the list.

   * Donald:	(Not for this week, but noted here anyway:)
		Meet up with Marcia in Minneapolis and get feedback and
		possibly also some sample data to use as test input for
		a prototype implementation.
	Have arranged to meet up with Marcia in Minneapolis.

4. Any other business.

	* Move to a model of working where some implementation may start
	  before completed draft?  Tentatively, yes, but some caveats:
		* That something has been implemented one particular
		  way may not restrict what goes into the document
		* Implementation shouldn't start so early that it
		  requires too many changes ( which means too much
		  money and effort ) to align the tool with the
		  document
		* Care must be taken that a contractor does not use
		  early start to spend a lot of time/money revising
		  and rebuilding a tool, multiplying the cost to the
		  IETF with this as an excuse

	* Harald has received feedback from the secretariat on the
	  submission tool draft - a lot seem to be just clarifications,
	  some other changes may be needed, and there's a policy change
	  needed w.r.t. XML submissions.

5. Action items for next week.

   * Stas: 	Continue working on the Notification Service
		Requirements.

   * Bill:	Try to have a mocked-up XML feed available next week

   * Henrik:	Help with the mapping of notification elements to Atom

   * Henrik:	Continue working on the WG draft and agenda pages.
		Summarize status and comments to the list.  Put link
		to WG pages on the main IETF Tools site.

   * Donald:	(Not for this week, but noted here anyway:)
		Meet up with Marcia in Minneapolis and get feedback and
		possibly also some sample data to use as test input for
		a prototype implementation.

6. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 30 Feb, 17:00 GMT (same local time as
  today).

---------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team