Subject: [Tools-team] Agenda for the 9 Feb 2005 Telechat

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:16:29 +0100

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.  

---------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Stas, Henrik, Alex, Bill

1. Agenda bashing

	Added 3.a to the agenda

2. Comments on minutes from last teleconference.
	None

3a. Issues related to the use of Message/External-body
	It was discussed whether to include the use of
	Message/External-body parts in notification messages
	specified by the draft-notification draft, and as it
	turns out that the mechanism as used by current mail
	announcements have been broken for about 6 months,
	it seemed not important to keep in place.  The
	possibility of fetching drafts by email auto-responder
	should be kept, though.

3b. Status

    a. of I-D submission tool draft
	Submitted for publication (as reported earlier)

    b. of Notification draft
	Stas had questions about Alex' comments.  Summarised:

	1) Should we already now widen the scope to generic
	events and notifications of them, or keep the scope
	focused on draft notification, and introduce 
	generalisation at the point where we introduce
	a notification service for a second class of events?
	Stas, Bill and Henrik seemed to favour the second
	choice, but some of Alex comments indicated that the
	changes he proposed to the draft were not very large,
	so Alex should submit concrete proposals for document
	changes to the list - they may be smaller than first
	understood during the discussion.

	2) The format of subscription selectors should not be
	part of the human interface (e.g. a web page) but
	should be part of the specification of the engine
	interface.  Stas will expand on his description of
	the intended interface, to clarify and make further
	comments possible.

	3) Is it sufficient to have subscription selectors
	of the form of a regexp for the document filename?
	Possibly not, but as a first step it is easy to
	implement given currently available data.  We run
	into problems for subscription to all drafts from a	
	workgroup, when some drafts are not named
	'draft-ietf-<wg>-.*', but kept with the name of the
	personal submission.  There may also be a problem with
	subscribing to "all drafts by Bill Fenner" - some may
	not be named draft-fenner-.*, and there may be drafts
	by Joe Fenner named draft-fenner-.*  More discussion
	on the list, but as a first step regexps over the
	filename will give a lot of functionality.

    c. of I-D information draft
	Alex has been focusing on comments to the notification draft
	this week.  	

    d. of WG draft info pages
	Coding has started for wg pages for all WGs, based on the
	current ones on ietf.levkowetz.com/drafts/ .  Aim to have
	something in place within 2 weeks.

    e. of Updateable agenda pages
	Design has started for this too, with the aim of having	
	something in place within 2 weeks.

4. Action item review.

   * Stas: 	Continue looking at Notification Service Requirements.
	Progresses

   * Alex:	Continue thinking about Draft Status Page
		Requirements.
	Alex has been focusing on comments to the notification draft
	this week.  Will have progress on this till next week.
	
   * Bill:	Help with the mapping of notification elements to RSS0.9
	Done

   * Henrik:	Help with the mapping of notification elements to Atom
	Not done

5. Action items for next meeting

   * Stas: 	Continue working on the Notification Service
		Requirements.

   * Alex:	Continue thinking about Draft Status Page
		Requirements.
	
   * Alex:	Send concrete proposal to the list for text / document
		changes related to item 1) in the comments on the
		notifications draft, in case the changes are more minor
		than thought during the meeting discussion.

   * Bill:	Try to have a sample XML feed ready, with transformation
		to RSS in place, based on the current database.

   * Henrik:	Help with the mapping of notification elements to Atom

   * Henrik:	Continue with WG pages and Agenda pages work

6. Any other business.

	None

7. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 16 Feb, 17:00 GMT (same local time as
  today).

---------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team