Subject: [Tools-team] Prototype WG pages

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:41:18 +0100

Hi,

    Starting from the workgroup pages I have running under
ietf.levkowetz.com, I've done some re-writing which brings the
resource usage for updating these down to very acceptable levels.

The resulting pages are available at http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ ,
and should include all now active workgroups.  The pages are
updated once per hour with the following information:

	* Any new workgroups are added
	* Any old workgroups are removed
	  (these two are based on the information in 1id-index)

	* Any new WG drafts are added to the appropriate page,
	  and diff and nits files generated

	* Any new or updated agenda page from ietf.org/ietf/mar05/
	  is added as an ietf-62 agenda
	  (The agenda pages are rendered with html links for URLs,
	  RFCs and drafts)

	* Status for each draft is updated based on the information
	  in all_id.txt

Known bugs:

	- The pages currently display links to charter, mailing list
	  subscription web page and archives.  All these are generated
	  based on a template, which makes the mailing list information
	  plain wrong for WGs which don't have lists on the ietf.org
	  servers.

Next in turn (as I see it now) are the following enhancements:

	+ Import and display the names and obfuscated email addresses
	  of the WG chairs

	+ Make ietf-62 agendas editable by the chairs. (Requires a password
	  which is simply any the current official email addresses of the
	  chairs.)

	+ As soon as there is an IETF-62 agenda page, produce a massaged
	  version of this which points to the editable agenda pages and
	  otherwise fulfills Thomas' requirements for a one-stop-shopping
	  version of the IETF agenda, with html-links to drafts etc.

	+ Import the correct mailing list information from the charter
	  pages and correct the bug mentioned above

	+ Add a scan for drafts related to a workgroup based on the
	  filename (should contain -<wgname>- but not be a wg draft)
	  and add these to the WG pages as 'related individual drafts'

	+ Add prototype RSS feeds to the draft pages once specified
	  in Stas' draft

Comments?

	Henrik

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team