Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 23 March 2005 Telechat

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:00:39 +0100

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.  

---------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Bill, Henrik, Donald, Alex

1. Agenda bashing

	Skipping #.3 while Alex not here

	Bill has built an ad-hoc notification system for the proto
	advisor; would like a little bit of time in connection with
	this.  Added item 2.a.
	
2. Comments on minutes from last teleconference.

	None

2.a Notification system extension.

	The proto manager needed something more complex than what
	is currently in the event draft.  The notifications
	required are any document changes moving from either side
	of 'Publication Requested' to the other side.  Document
	can go from "ID Exists" to "AD:Evaluation" without
	explicitly landing in "Publication Requested".  We should
	not have a specific query just for this, but maybe go
	directly to something like Xquery, which is a very powerful
	query tool.

	Avri requested a similar tool for Area Review Teams, where
	event notifications should be triggered by a document entering
	IETF last call, and should be sent round-robin, randomly or
	in some other fashion to the area reviewers.  They should have
	the option of declining, in which case the notification should
	be sent to someone else.  This should probably not be part of
	the event notification tool itself, but would be built on
	events generated by the tool.

	Fred Baker would like to input document events trough the WG
	pages.  This points to us thinking in terms of defining a
	well-defined open interface to the tracker, so that event
	inputs can be received from other tools, not just from the
	tracker-specific human interface.

3. Review of secretariat comments on draft submission tool

	Most things seem clear.  Clarification on two issues:
	For the "lawful submitter" requirements, keep them in the
	draft as possible future enhancements, but not as active
	requirements on the tool.  Before they can go in, there has
	to be a policy decision to add such checks.  This does not
	affect the -00 draft checking.

	Use of the expression "WG drafts" as referring to drafts named
	draft-ietf-<wgname> is not quite correct, and a different
	expression is needed.  Alex suggested "Group drafts".

	Alex will go through the comments and update the draft to be
	clearer as needed, and do the few content changes needed.

4. Action item review.

   * Stas: 	Continue working on the Notification Service
		Requirements.
	-

   * Henrik:	Help with the mapping of notification elements to Atom

	Not Done.	

   * Henrik:	Continue working on the WG draft and agenda pages.

	Prototypes released Friday before IETF-62.  Well received.

   * Donald:	Meet up with Marcia in Minneapolis and get feedback and
		possibly also some sample data to use as test input for
		a prototype implementation.

	Donald got raw data from Marcia, from IETF-62, which is good
	but also presents some extra work before it can be useful,
	because it is not well structured or formatted.  There was also
	the realization that the Secretariat would benefit quite a bit
	from just having an interface which collected well-formed data
	for the scheduling process; so it makes sense to build such
	an interface before we have a prototype for the complete tool.

5. Any other business.

	Alex: Question on draft information draft: what is next step.
	==> Review of the draft.

6. Action items for next week.

   * All:	Review draft-ietf-tools-draft-info-01.txt - comments
		to the list.  Alex needs feedback before being able
		to continue work on this.

   * Stas: 	Continue working on the Notification Service
		Requirements.

   * Alex:	Do a new rev. of the draft submission draft early next
		week, based on the secretariat comments.  Questions to
		the list if there is anything which is not clear in
		the notes sent to the list last week.

   * Henrik:	Help with the mapping of notification elements to Atom

   * Henrik:	Continue working on the WG draft and agenda pages at
		a slower pace.

   * Donald:	Continue work on the scheduling tool prototype

7. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 30 March, 17:00 GMT (same local time as
  today in the US, one hour later in Europe).

---------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team