Subject: [Tools-team] Prototype WG pages

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:42:57 +0100

Here is the status of the Prototype WG pages which are available at
 http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ , and the planned features and features
requested by the WG chairs.  Comments and questions welcome.

Bugs:

	- The pages currently display links to charter, mailing list
	  subscription web page and archives.  All these are generated
	  based on a template, which makes the mailing list information
	  plain wrong for WGs which don't have lists on the ietf.org
	  servers.						FIXED

	- The pages are not listing drafts according to the true
	  WG-draft state.  Needs rewrite of part of script, and new
	  scripts for meta-information.				FIXED

	- iesg and iab are erroneously listed as workgroups	FIXED

Planned Features:

	+ Import and display the names and obfuscated email addresses
	  of the WG chairs					CODED

	  (I have this running for mip4, but want to change how I store
	  meta-data, so haven't distributed this to all WGs yet)

	+ Make ietf-62 agendas editable by the chairs. (Requires a
	  password which will be generated and sent to the chair's
	  email address on request.)				STARTED

	  (Code to send password to chairs is in place, but not the
	  editing part)

	+ As soon as there is an IETF-62 agenda page, produce a massaged
	  version of this which points to the editable agenda pages and
	  otherwise fulfils Thomas' requirements for a
	  one-stop-shopping version of the IETF agenda, with html-links
	  to drafts etc.
	  (planned for today)

	+ Add a scan for drafts related to a workgroup based on the
	  filename (should contain -<wgname>- but not be a wg draft)
	  and add these to the WG pages as 'related individual drafts'

	+ Add prototype RSS feeds to the draft pages once specified
	  in Stas' draft

	+ Add more detailed information on the RFC Ed Queue state

	+ Add historic information for draft -- WG relationship

Wg Chairs Requests:

	+ Import meeting minutes from earlier IETFs, and display them
	  in the same manner as the agenda pages

	+ Make the pages static, not script-generated, so that a
	  (shallow) snapshot can be take and used off-line

	+ Add ability for chairs to put a "WGLC" (Working Group Last
	  Call)
	  flag on a draft

	+ Add links to liaison statements

	+ Better description of the individual draft states 
	  (Active, Expired, IESG Processing, etc.)

	+ Ability to add a link to supplemental WG pages

	+ Rsync support

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: "Alex Rousskov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:51:54 -0700

> 	  (shallow) snapshot can be take and used off-line

I do not understand why one cannot take a snapshot of script-generated  
pages with something like wget. Can you clarify the problem, please?

> 	  Call) flag on a draft

Sounds like a job for a different/separate "WG event generation" tool to  
me. That tool can/should be linked from WG pages, of course.

> 	+ Rsync support

Would not wget be sufficient? I think it has options to enable rsync-like  
behavior. What is the motivation here?

Thank you,

Alex.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:54:16 +0100

> pages with something like wget. Can you clarify the problem, please?

The request if for snapshots to be available; server load considerations
indicate static pages would be better. 

> me. That tool can/should be linked from WG pages, of course.

Yes, agreed that's a better alternative.  One temporary option might
be to parse the WG list feeds for WG last calls.  Will reconsider the
options when I get to the point of possibly implementing this.

> behavior. What is the motivation here?

2 points (as made during the conf.call):  1) Rsync is a better and
faster protocol for this, and 2) wget would not replicate the meta-
data which is available for each WG unless added effort was made to
put in links to all the meta-data on the web-pages.

	Henrik