Subject: [Tools-team] Language review of draft-ietf-tools-draft-submission-08; Section 8.4, WG ID

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:53:17 +0200

Hi Alex,

    I'm having trouble with the following paragraph, which I can't
parse so it makes sense:

   WG ID: Working Group identifier.  WG ID value is empty for drafts
      that are not WG-named drafts.  For example, "sieve" in
      "draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-07" and "opes" in
      "draft-rousskov-opes-ocp-00" are both WG IDs.  Extraction of WG ID
      from a given individual draft identifier is an Enhancement Stage
      feature; the process is imprecise and requires checking with a
      list of known IETF working groups, teams, and similar structures.

The example for "opes" seems to be in conflict with the statement of
the WG ID value being empty for drafts that are not WG-named drafts.

	Henrik

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: "Alex Rousskov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:43:21 -0600

> the WG ID value being empty for drafts that are not WG-named drafts.

Yes, the second example and the "Enhancement Stage" comment are both
stale. They do not make sense with the current WGN draft definition.
Let's remove them:

    WG ID: Working Group identifier.  WG ID value is empty for drafts
       that are not WG-named drafts.  For example, "sieve" in
       "draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-07" is a WG ID.

You can add a comment saying that the extraction is purely ID-syntax based
and does not use a list of known IETF working groups, teams, and similar
structures.

Thank you,

Alex.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:54:42 +0200

Hi Alex,

On 2005-04-19 12:43 am Alex Rousskov said the following:
[...]
> and does not use a list of known IETF working groups, teams, and similar

Ok, I used your text.  I didn't add the last comment you suggested, as
I'm afraid that it will be necessary to use a list of working groups, for
the few cases of WG names which have an embedded dash ( '-' ) ...

Enclosed are new xml and text files, and the diff at 
  http://ietf.levkowetz.com/drafts/tools/draft-submission/
has also been updated.

	Henrik