Subject: [Tools-team] [Fwd: Minutes from 11 May 2005 Telechat]

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 21:14:36 +0200

Well, here are the correct minutes from Wednesday's telechat.
I had to do a re-send, and grabbed the wrong minutes...

Thanks to Alex who pointed this out.

	Henrik

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Minutes from 11 May 2005 Telechat
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:38:44 +0200
From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
To: IETF TOOLS <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.  

---------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Bill, Alex, Henrik

1. Agenda bashing

	Added 1 point under AoB

2. Comments on minutes from last teleconference.

	None

3. Action item review.

   * Stas: 	Continue working on the Notification Service
		Requirements.

   * Alex:	Clear up new issues regarding the submission draft,
		prepare new version in case useful for the IETF		

	New version requested by Brian.  Alex is working on this right
	now.  Submission within ~24 hours.  Keep email submission in
	stage b) but indicate that multiple releases is preferable,
	and email should be in a later stage b) release.

   * Alex:	Continue filling in missing parts of the ID info draft,
		provided no adverse comments on the direction of the
		recently posted version.

	- 

   * Donald:	Continue work on the scheduling tool prototype; next
		step will be a form for data/constraints input to the
		scheduling

4. Any other business.

   * Atom- and RSS-formats for IETF Meta-information
     Henrik put together an example of mapping ID meta-information
     to Atom 2 weeks ago, and has been mulling over some issues:

     1) Using Atom-format elements where the ID meta-information
    	overlaps with the available elements at first seems attractive,
	but then one realises that this would make the XML for
	meta-information fetched via a http: URL different from the XML
	presented via Atom, which may not be desirable.  After some
	discussion, it seemed that having the same XML in the body
	of the Atom-feed as would be provided when fetching the meta-
	information from a http: URL would make most sense.  Where
	atom-format elements overlapped with the XML in the body, the
	information could be duplicated.

     2) While trying to use the Atom-format element to represent ID
	meta-information, it turned out that Atom only permits one
	instance of the <author /> element - Henrik sends a note to the
	atompub list about this

     3) Atom permits XML in the body, but RSS may not - how do we handle
	this?  Bill suggested that an increasing number of feed readers
	handle Atom, so we might get away with only putting basic information
	into RSS, and indicating that full meta-information is available
	by using an Atom feed or following a link to the http: accessible
	XML-format meta-information.

5. Action items for next week.

6. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 18 May, 16:00 GMT (same local time as
  today).

---------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team