Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from22 June 2005 Telechat

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:57:16 +0200

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting:

---------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Andrew, Henrik, Bill, Alex

1. Agenda bashing

   Nothing at first, then Henrik remembered his question about
   Dashboards.  Added to AoB.

2. Comments on minutes from last teleconference.

   None, really.  There wasn't extensive minutes from Henrik
   and Bill's informal chat :-)

3. Welcome to Andrew

   * Work for affilias, registry company; database geek;
     offered to work on the IETF web-site.  Database replication;
     Postgres.  Worked in the PovRay group and on implementation
     of same.  Won't be at the IETF-63, but should be in IETF-64.

4. The new IAD is now in office - how this affects the team

   * Ray Pelletier is now in office.  Henrik will send picture.
   Communication with the tool implementers will now go through
   and/or with CC: to Ray, rather than the IETF Chair, but the
   IETF chair is still the AD for the tools team.

5. Action items for next few weeks

     Are there things we should try to complete before the
     draft deadlines?

     * Henrik's IETF meta-information draft before 11th
     * Alex' draft before 18th 
     
     Bill has been communicating with IANA about data
     interchange between trackers - should probably go into
     the meta-information draft.  
     * Try to meet up in Paris.

     Alex: The website work - will we be able to publish
     anything about that?  Henrik: Probably not - should
     first do a prototype, then possibly a write-up.  A bit
     too early for these deadlines.  Andrew: I agree.

     Alex: What is the focus here?  Look, functionality,
     standards compliance? 1) Functionality  2) Compliance

     We might want to see if we could get web designers
     involved for free, too.

6. Any other business

   * Dashboard.  Does anybody know of Open Source 
     implementations of dashboard technology?  Henrik has
     looked, but not found any non-commercial stuff.

     Andrew: not sure, but will look around.  May have
     something.

7. Action item summary:

   Henrik: Get first version of meta-information draft out
      	   before -00 deadline

   Alex:   Get a new version of the internet-drafts info
	   draft out before going on vacation

   Andrew: Pull down a mirror of the website to work with,
	   and get started looking at how it could be improved

   Andrew: Check whether there is some open source Dashboard
	   software we could adapt to the IAD's needs for
	   keeping track of the RFC editor policy

   Bill, Henrik: Arrange to meet up with the IANA people
	   in Paris, to talk about tool information interchange
	   format.  (Anybody else in the team who are interested
	   are also welcome to attend!)

8. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 6 July, 16:00 GMT (same local time 
  as today).

---------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:08:28 -0400

>      of same.  

Much as I wish that were true, it's not; I must have mentioned one of
my earlier projects, but I can't think of what is must have been
right now.  I was and am involved in the current implementation of
database replication engines for Postgres, though.  The only
production-grade one I'm involved with right now is Slony-I
(http://www.slony.info will get you there).  We're currently working
out a multimaster and synchronous system.  That's a little trickier.

A

-- 
----
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:25:38 +0200

On 2005-06-22 19:08 Andrew Sullivan said the following:
> right now.

Oops!  Well, good to have the correction in :-)

> I was and am involved in the current implementation of

I believe you!

	Henrik