Subject: [Tools-team] Agenda for the 24 August 2005 Telechat

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:59:39 +0200

Hi,

Here is the proposed agenda for today's meeting.  We'll go through
it as far as we can in about 1 hour, and then break and move the
remaining parts of item 5 to next meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Agenda bashing

2. Welcome to new tools team member, Jeroen Massar
	Background: http://unfix.org/~jeroen/cv/ , see especially the
 	projects section which lists a number of interesting tools -
	IP and Routing related and others.

3. Chat with the new IAD, Ray, if he is able to join us

4. IETF-63:
	* Dashboard meeting - outcome:  It turns out that providing
	  this seems to be well aligned with other planned tools work.
	  Components needed include
	  - Event extraction (from mail, ID-tracker, repositories, etc.)
	  - Event database, with events available in XML format,
	    feeding into a visualisation tool.  This can also just as
	    well feed into the notification tool we have on our list.
	  - Queue visualisation tool.  This will provide queue length
	    and volume information not only for the dashboard, but
	    also for the individual WG and Draft status pages.
	  - The dashboard overlay, which brings above components
	    together.

	* IANA meeting

5. Status review

   Charter items:

      * ID submission tool				Dec 2004
	Specification DONE (Alex)

      * WG Meeting tool (scheduler, agendas, ... ) 	Mar 2005
	Prototype design I/P (Donald)

      * Draft status pages (revs, diffs, comments)	Mar 2005
	Prototype EXISTS
	Specification draft I/P (Alex)

      * Notification services (RSS, mail notification)	Aug 2005
	Draft I/P, Event extraction I/P (Stas), 
	Prototype to be started (Jeroen)

      * Meta-information publication 			Aug 2005
	XML Schema draft I/P, Event extraction I/P
	(Henrik)

      * Guidelines for improving usability of the	 Q3 2005 
	IETF web site
	Trial design I/P (Andrew)

      * Html-ized WG agendas				 Q3 2005
	Prototype EXISTS

      * WG Status update web interface			 Q4 2005 

      * Publication request tool			 Q4 2005 

      * WG Pages with WG tools, provided to all WGs	 Q4 2005
	Some work I/P - Wiki and chair tools coming soon
	(Henrik)

      * A tool in support of 3rd party reviews and	 Q4 2005 
	Last Call comments (extension to I-D tracker?)	

      * I-D tracker extended for use by Chairs		 Q1 2006 

      * Web interface to set up 'WG Pages' for BOFs 	 Q1 2006 

   Non-charter items:

      * A calendar tool, providing iCalendar compliant
	calendar files, updated to match the agenda of 
	the current IETF meeting. (Based on scripts from
	Eliot Lear and Bill Fenner.)

      * A tool which will show all drafts currently in
	IETF last call (Spin off of event extraction work)

      * A one-click RFC access page (from Simon Leinen)

      * Stable references for drafts
	Prototype EXISTS, but not published
	http://tools.ietf.org/id/

6. Any other business

7. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 7 Sep, 16:00 GMT (same local time 
  as today).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:00:03 -0400

Sorry, I won't be able to make it today.

A

-- 
----
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:18:46 +0200

> Sorry, I won't be able to make it today.

Ah, Ok.  Good that you sent a note.

>From the brief style, and I suspect lack of time, I have the feeling
you're still swamped with work...

Take care, and don't work till you burst something :-)

	Henrik