Subject: Re: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 7 September 2005 Telechat

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:36:03 -0400

Sorry for having missed 2 calls in a row.  On the 24th, Rex had a vet
visit, and on the 7th, I was driving across Nevada and California on
the 5th day of my cross-country trip with the dogs and Peggy's dad.
(Peggy and Julia flew back.)

Rex's prognosis is not terrific.  I can't remember if I told you
folks about his original injury, that he had a toy stuck in his mouth
for hours which tore his jaw muscles.  He seemed to be recovering
but his recovery reversed and now he can only open his mouth about
2cm or less.  He can still eat now but if it continues to close we don't
know what to do.  He has an appointment on Monday to be evaluated
by a surgeon to see if they can invent a procedure to help him.

  Bill

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:00:41 +0200

Hi Bill,

> (Peggy and Julia flew back.)

Ok, good to know.

> for hours which tore his jaw muscles.

Yes, you did, and I was hoping things would work out...

> He seemed to be recovering

Ouch, ouch, ouch :-((

I guess I'm extra sensitive to this now, with my own recent and
ongoing pet troubles.

It sounds to me as if the muscles are healing, but developing scar
tissue, which is much less flexible.  Not knowing whether it would
help or not, I think I'd still try to do a lot of massaging of the
closing muscles, to try to increase blood flow to limber them up...

Hoping very much that this will end well,

	Henrik