Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 21 September 2005 Telechat

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:56:18 +0200

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Alex, Bill, Henrik

1. Agenda bashing

	Nope

2. Comments on the minutes from previous meeting

	No comments

3. IETF-63:

   * IANA meeting - Bill?

   Talked about hooking up the IANA ticket system with the datatracker,
   with a lot of ideas of what to do for the 2nd and 3rd iteration, for
   full iteration, but decide to basically do just email-based messages
   from the tracker to IANA, generated specially for them.

   For further stuff, could have the tracker parse the email coming back
   from IANA and take in the IANA tracker number.

   Not too enthusiastic about this - these are 2 custom systems, and any
   code will be custom for one with respect to the other.  So email first,
   but then maybe go for something more generic - an inter-tool XML
   schema, maybe.  But won't do that work yet.

4. Status review

   * Event scraping and generation, event xml schema, dashboard
	- Henrik

	Has been very busy with day job over the last 2 weeks,
	but has now completed one particular deliverable, and
	will have more time for the coming 6 weeks or so.

	Has a new iteration of the XML schema, and has parsing of
	parts of the ietf-announce mailing list mails in place.
	Will continue with full parsing and generation of XML
	meta-information from that.

   * Event notification prototype
	- Jeroen

	No information since last call.

   * Draft info draft
	- Alex

	No good news, too overwhumped with day-job work to make
	progress on the draft.

   * Scheduling tool
	- Donald?

	No response to pings.

   * IETF Website re-vamp
	- Andrew

	Andrew posted a first page mockup to the list today, which
	looks like it's going in the right direction.  Please check
	it and comment.

	(We also got a mail from Andrew a bit into the call indicating
	problems getting on the call, but didn't catch him with a call
	back.)

5. Any other business

	There's an expressed desire for a better interface to
    the mailing list archives.  This could be part of a mailing-
    list based issue tracking tool, or standalone.

    Bill has been pretty happy with Lurker.  Is running for all of
    the rtg mailing lists (http://rtg.ietf.org/lurker/)  Please have
    a look, and see if we should set this up for the mailing lists in
    general.

    There is also the matter of filling in holes in the official
    archives - we need to work out a way of back-filling the archives
    to make them more complete.

6. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 5 Oct, 16:00 GMT (same local time 
  as today).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:08:36 -0400

> 	problems getting on the call, but didn't catch him with a call

Sorry about whatever the phone problem is here; I'm actually at home
w/ a cold (I'm fine, just trying not to infect the subway riders and
rest of the office), and I guess the IP phone works up to its usual
standards.  Anyway, there were some other remarks in that mail that I
sent -- I think that we (well, I) really need a clearer idea of what
the maintainers of the site are expecting in terms of the work they
need to do.  I'm very nervous that the maintenance burden of the site
is going to be too great for the people who have to maintain it.

A

-- 
----
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:22:54 +0200

Hi Andrew,

on 2005-09-21 19:08 Andrew Sullivan said the following:

> standards.

No problem; hope you get well soon.

> Anyway, there were some other remarks in that mail that I

Yes, I noted that - I read through your mail, but didn't have time to
ponder and reply before the call.  I expect to be able to do so tomorrow.

I don't think it's possible to get reliable input from the people
doing the website support till after the (hopefully soon occurring)
acquisition by Neustar.  After that I'm quite hopeful; I talked with
Neustar's CTO during the IETF in Paris, and he seemed very clueful and
focused on cooperation with the tools team.

	Henrik