Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 5 October Teleconference

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:56:33 +0200

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Alex, Andrew, Henrik

1. Agenda bashing

	Nothing

2. Comments on the minutes from previous meeting

	None

3. New charter available

	Brian has ok'ed the new charter, which is now up on
	tools.ietf.org.

4. Status review

   * Event scraping and generation, event xml schema, dashboard
	- Henrik

	Some progress on event extraction work.  Have re-worked the
	XML schema again(!), this time re-using quite a bit from the
	Atom specification, so all events, event collections and draft
	meta-information will be valid Atom entries/feeds.  Hope to have
	the event extraction running for ietf-announce, id-announce,
	rfc-queue and the tracker some time next week.

   * Event notification prototype
	- Jeroen

	(Not on the call, but based on mail exchange with Henrik the
	status is: 

	Notifications are now working; there is a daemon which runs all
	the time and talks to a bitlbee server, allowing it to handle
	jabber/msn/icq/irc/yahoo protocols in addition to email.
	There's also a website part, which allows self-registration +
	validation of new accounts based on mail address.  Using the
	interface users can then subscribe to events that they want to
	receive over channels that the user can define.  Event parser
	and possibly draft info import remains.  Next is to set things
	up on one of the tools servers, compile things together and let
	it run so the team can see how it looks.  Hopefully some of this
	can be accomplished over the coming weekend.)

   * Draft info draft
	- Alex

	No progress this time, but is seeing some light at the end of
	the tunnel.  Hopefully not a train.

   * Scheduling tool
	- Donald

	(Not on the call, but based on mail exchange with Henrik the
	status is:

	Has had a lot of meeting activities over the last month.  Hopes
	to be able to find time to get some real progress this week or
	next.)

   * IETF Website re-vamp
	- Andrew

	After a very busy time has now been able to free up some time
	for tools work.  Wanted some feedback on the premises for the
	website re-org -- it seems that most of the pages are hand
	edited, and differ sufficiently that it won't be realistic to
	do any automated conversion.  Will anything we do now be able
	to stay organised, or do we need to go to some simple off-the
	shelf software to give structure to the site?  

	- We should be able to assume that given a layout and structure,
	there will be sufficient know-how to maintain them at that
	level.  We should provide a structure and layout proposal, and
	accept that a bit of hand work will be needed to convert the
	site, which should be OK if the result makes it easy to find
	needed information, and makes it easy to keep a consistent
	look and feel.

5. Any other business

	* We should hopefully be able to meet with Ray in Vancouver, and
	there may also be a meeting with the NeuStar people.

	** Not mentioned on the call: **  Although it's taken a lot more
	time than I expected, it looks like we will have native IPv6
	connectivity up for at least one of the tools servers within
	a week or two; would be nice to be able to announce this before
	Vancouver.

6. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 19 Oct, 16:00 GMT (same local time 
  as today).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team