Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from he 19 October Teleconference

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:53:13 +0200

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Alex, Andrew, Bill, Jeroen, Henrik

1. Agenda bashing

	Nothing

2. Comments on the minutes from previous meeting

	None

3. Miscellaneous:

    * IPv6 access to both tools servers imminent

	With the help from Jeroen, there's now an IPv6 connection in
	place for one of the tools servers, and another should be in
	place for the other server within a week or so.  Setup of
	firewall rules, DNS entries and some other configuration is
	still to be done, but an announcement should come before
	Vancouver.

    * Mailing list archive / issue tracker wishes

	There's been some discussion around this on the tools-discuss
	list, and Henrik has also had some additional comments off-list.
	Will look for someone who can take this on.

	Bill: Interesting idea - nothing quite like it out there to
	continue from, modify.  Curious to see how it will look and work
	out.

    * WG page prototype v0.60 release.

	Announcement sent to tools-discuss and to wgchairs lists today.

4. Status review

   * Event notification prototype
	- Jeroen

	There's now a mechanism where we can connect input messages with
	various output streams.  Account creation and email verification
	is also in place.  There's the start of a prototype available at
	http://www1.tools.ietf.org/home, with some documentation of the
	tool available at http://www1.tools.ietf.org/home/thome .

	The plan is to have a beta in place in time for Vancouver.

	Have a look and comment!

   * Draft info draft
	- Alex

	Still in limbo - hoped to start work again this weekend, so might
	be able to do an update before the cutoff on the 24th.

   * Scheduling tool
	- Donald

	No Donald today

   * IETF Website re-vamp
	- Andrew

	We have agreement on the direction we want to go, so will put together
	some sample pages before Vancouver, do the framework and ask for comments.
	Will mainly work on the taxonomy, which will be aligned with the menu
	structure.

   * Event scraping and generation, event xml schema, dashboard
	- Henrik

	Have event parsing in place for the [email-masked] and the
	RFC announcements on [email-masked], which produces xml output
	embedded as Atom entries.  The Atom entries validate using the
	Atom and RSS feed validator at http://feedvalidator.org/ .

	Will add parsing of a few more messages types (Last Call
	announcements and document approvals) and then pull down the
	archives and generate event entries for the last 2 years or so.
	That will provide the base input for the dashboard prototype.

	Bill: How does this fit with the basic idea of Atom of providing
	syndication?

	Henrik: Atom has two levels of syndicatable entities - Feed and
	Entry.  A feed may contain multiple entries.  So the entries
	produced from the mail messages can be assembled into feeds,
	with an appropriate number of entries in a feed, for a pre-
	defined area like a WG, or for a custom feed defined in and
	generated from Jeroen's tool.

5. Any other business

	Sent a priority list for tools work NeuStar should start on, from a
	tools team perspective, to Brian, Ray and the IESG.  The IESG will
	discuss and prioritize from their viewpoints, based on this and other
	input.

	Bill's dog is not worse, but also not better - jaw still won't open
	much.  Will start weaning him off the medicine, and see if there will
	be regression, or whether he'll stay the same.

6. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 16 Nov, 17:00 GMT (same local time 
  as today).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team