Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 16 November Teleconference

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:50:26 -0800

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Alex, Andrew, Bill

1. Agenda bashing

	Nothing

2. Miscellaneous:

    * Alex submitted a new version of the draft-ietf-tools-draft-info
      draft before the IETF, awaiting comments.

    * Web site update topics:

	Andrew sent out another draft & suggestion, and is waiting
	for either feedback or for the Neustar deal to complete to
	see what resources can be given to the implementation.

	Andrew's hoping to get his server back online so he can
	do a demo of the whole iste.

	Bill and Andrew discussed various issues, including the
	usefulness of a CMS, but given the requirement for
	simplicity, agreed that perhaps this could be a seperate
	site.

3. Next meeting:

  I expect Teleconference Wednesday 30 Nov, 17:00 GMT (same local time 
  as today).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:22:37 +0100

Hi all,

    I'm sorry I missed the call - I'm totally befuddled by jet-lag,
and had lost track of the days :-(

I saw Alex' draft appear, but didn't have time to read it before the
meeting.  Will do so now.

I also regret missing Andrew at the meeting.  Looking forward to having
a look at a demo.  Andrew, if you see problems getting your server on-
line, we can put the demo up on the tools server.  If you'll send me
your public SSH key, I'll create an SSH-accessible account for you.

For Jeroen - I'm afraid the untimely ISP problems that popped up less
than 24 hours after I had left home left one of the two tools servers
off line for the whole week.  I know you had planned to work on the
event notification tool over the weekend, but of course you could reach
the server just as little as I could from Vancouver :-(

A modem re-set fixed this once I got home, but I'll be getting a
third server in place relatively soon, placed in one of the Swedish
ISP interconnection hubs, which I think we'll use as the master 
server - that should make things like this less likely to happen
in the future.

For my own work, I've progressed with the XML event and statistics
work to the point where I have about 20000 events in XML form, covering
the last 3 years (incompletely), and I can produce Queue depth and 
average age of items in queue over time, for the -00 to published RFC
queue.  Next is to put more graphs in place, provide for drill-down
capability, and refine it to something that can be used online.

The next teleconference is confirmed to be Wednesday November 30th.

Thanks all,

	Henrik

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:57:33 -0500

> I also regret missing Andrew at the meeting.  Looking forward to having

Me too.  I'm not sure how I managed to miss everyone, but it could be
my relative inexperience in connecting with folks at these meetings.

> your public SSH key, I'll create an SSH-accessible account for you.

That might be a good idea, actually -- that way, the probable
complaint that someone will have, that this is yet another thing that
ought to be on an "official" ietf server but isn't, won't be open to
people.  I'll mail my pubkey to you.

A

----
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110