Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 11 Jan 2006 Teleconference

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:18:13 +0100

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Bill, Andrew, Alex, Henrik

1. Agenda bashing

	Agenda is fine.

2. Comments on the minutes from previous meeting

	None

3. Status review

   * Event scraping and generation, event xml schema, dashboard
	- Henrik

	Not much happened since end of November - first there
	was a lot of day-job stuff interfering, then a severe
	cold from right before Christmas till over new year, which
	made me decide that I really needed to rest and recuperate.
	Now starting work again.
	Need to work more on the parsing of emails, and need to add
	more graphs and pull it all together in web-pages.

   * Event notification prototype
	- Jeroen

   * Draft info draft
	- Alex / All

	Have read through Henrik's comments, will apply - there
	seems to be no questions or problems applying them.

	On tools page, the draft is listed as expired - we
	should trace down why.

   * Scheduling tool
	- Donald

   * IETF Website re-vamp
	- Andrew

	Andrew:No further work since Henrik's comments - would like
	to try to wrap this up, and hand off to secretariat.
	Alex: What is the URL?
	Andrew: I'll send it to the list.

4. Miscellaneous:

   * Do we have overlap between Pasi's tool and our?
	Henrik: I see overlap with Jeroen's work, but Jeroen
	has not been available for more than a month.
	Bill: We need to make sure that the event notification
	tool fulfills the needs identified through Pasi's
	tool
   * NomCom tool support
	Henrik put together admin and feedback support pages for
	the NomCom during November; they are now in use by the NomCom
	to collect feedback.  Not terribly polished, but good enough
	to build on for the next noncom, when they should be extended
	with pages for people to nominate people, and to volunteer for
	noncom work.
   * Subversion support
	Should we provide this?
	   Yes, it makes sense.
	Clients?
	   SmartSVN for windows works with SSH, but costs.
	   Others, also free ones, which work with http exist for
	   Windows.  Good GUI and non-gui clients exist for OS X and
	   Linux.
	Structure?
	   Start out without subdirectories, with drafts placed in the
	   root (if pre-populated).
	   One repository per WG.
   * WG Issue tracker support, wiki, etc.
	"Trac" (http://www.edgewall.com/trac/) seems to be the best of
  	breed for this - should we put a trial installation in place?
	Alex/Bill: This seems to be a superset of what most people will
	use, but looks good and useful.
	Andrew: And easier to take it all in one go, than adding
	individual things one at a time.
	Yes, let's go.
   * New tools server
	The IASA has splurged on a new server for the tools team, which
	seems very appropriate - it doesn't seem right in the long run
	that tools which people are coming to rely on are all provided
	through personal servers or donated use of servers.
	The server has a lot of disk space, which should be sufficient
	for tool data expansion over a number of years.  It will be
	placed in a national network hub in Sweden, and be very well
	connected.
	Accounts will be set up for all tool team members, to facilitate
	prototype work.
	The root password will be placed in escrow with either the IAOC
	or the IAD, just in case.

5. Any other business

	None

6. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 25 Jan, 17:00 GMT (same local time 
  as today).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:26:30 -0500

> 	Andrew: I'll send it to the list.

This is me being late.  Anyway, the URL is

http://www1.tools.ietf.org/demo/www.ietf.org/

Note that most of it leads nowhere, since I was not keen on manually
fixing up all the pages (because we were told that we were _not_ to
completely revamp the site, since the secretariat service is paid for
it).  But this gives you the sense.  And no, I haven't addressed
Henrik's comments yet.  Assuming that this week I manage to fend off
four more bad ideas, I think I'll have time to do.

A

-- 
----
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:21:26 +0100

> four more bad ideas, I think I'll have time to do.

Sounds good.  Looking forward to it :-)

	Henrik