Subject: [Tools-team] Possibility of being able to get rfcdiff -diff output from web pages

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:19:06 -0500 (EST)

Hi.  I find that the html output of rfcdiff is hard to read.  Is there
any chance that the web pages that tools.ietf.org has for rfcdiff
output could include an option to get to rfcdiff --diff output as
well?  This would be very useful for me although probably not many
other people.

--Sam

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:36:43 +0100

Hi Sam,

> well?  This would be very useful for me although probably not many

I've tested adding links to rfcdiff --diff output within the same brackets
on the wg draft pages which provide links to the side-by-side html diff;
now you'll find 3 links within the brackets, where the first link is to a
side-by-side html diff, the second link is to a inline wdiff-style html
diff, and the third link is to a plain unified diff output.

For a sample, check this page, and let me know if this arrangement works
for you, and if any tweaks would make it better:

  http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/btns/draft-ietf-btns-prob-and-applic/

For instance, the amount of context (10 unchanged lines before and after
any changed lines), and the type of diff can be changed as long as 'diff'
or 'wdiff' can provide it, or it can be produced with 'diff' or 'wdiff'
plus some filtering.

Once this looks OK, I'll retrofit it for all draft pages.

Regards,

	Henrik