Subject: [Tools-team] 24 Hour Project?

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:56:20 -0400

All;

A list of Tools Development projects has been developed from a variety 
of sources, including tickets, ADs, WGs, etc.  The following projects 
are a subset of that list and are  identified as enhancements taking up 
to 80 programming hours based on an estimate by Michael Lee.

My question is:  Do any of these projects lend themselves to a 24 Hour 
Tool Project, that is, a tool that could be developed in 24 hours or 
less (literally 1 day or less) by a group of volunteers positioned 
around the globe?  Please indicate in 24 Hr Tool column, a Y or N.  A Y1 
indicates you feel that particular project would be a good one to 
experiment with the 24 Hour Tool concept.

Thanks

Ray

	24 HR Tool? 	Description 	LOE (hours) 	
A 	  	On the search result page of I-D search of IDDI, add a link to the
charter page of responsible WG. 	2 	Enhanc
B 	  	Jabber addresses in IESG address book 	3 	Enhanc
C 	
	Update the IETF Non-WG Mailing List Posting Tool so that a user can 
remove a mailing list from the page. 	4 	Enhanc
D 	  	Add BCC field to the Message Scheduler Tool 	4 	Enhanc
E 	  	Format the title and abstract of I-D announcements so that each 
line does not exceed 72 characters. 	4 	Enhanc
F 	  	Automate updates to links to current and previous Proceedings 
pages on the WG Chairs Web page. 	4 	Enhanc
G 	  	Add scheduled time to "Meeting Materials" page 	6 	Enhanc
H 	  	Populate "To Subscribe" field of Non-WG Mailing Lists Web 
page. 	8 	Enhanc
I 	  	Notify submitter of an original IPR disclosure that someone other 
than himself has submitted an update. 	8 	Enhanc
J 	  	Automate "Reply-to" fields in "Announcement Tool" for messages 
from IETF Secretariat, IESG Secretary, and Internet-Drafts. 	8 	Enhanc
K 	  	Automating Updates to the IESG and IESG-Only Mailing Lists 	12 
Enhanc
L 	  	Updates to Liaison Statement tool to strip control characters from 
messages generated by the tool, and break lines longer than 70 
characters. 	12 	Enhanc
M 	  	Create a script to remove any main mailing lists of active WGs 
from the Non-WG Mailing List Web page. 	12 	Enhanc
N 	  	Replace embedded text and html minutes in proceedings with links 
to text and html minutes, as submitted. 	12 	Enhanc
O 	
	Update the Meeting Material Management Tool to notify the staff 
whenever new or updated materials are submitted. 	12 	Enhanc
P 	  	Revise IPR Disclosure Submission Tool to discourage submission of 
bogus updates to IPR disclosures. 	16 	Enhanc
Q 	  	If the RFC Editor requests that the Secretariat not allow an I-D 
to expire, then send an automated message to the RFC Editor on the 
document's normal expiration date reminding her to let us know when the 
document is no longer under review. 	16 	Enhanc
R 	
	Add a message to the "Frequent Message Sender" so that staff can send a 
confirmation message after an Implementation Report has been posted. 
16 	Enhanc
S 	  	Update auto-response messages on IPR Submission Tool. (AD 
Notification) 	18 	Enhanc
T 	
	Provide an interface within the iTelechat tool to allow posting of the 
narrative telechat minutes on the IETF Web site. 	24 	Enhanc
U 	  	Create a new handler so that all "Note Well" Web pages can be 
generated from one source (database).  Generate a "Note Well" file for 
Mailman (For Scott). 	24 	Enhanc
V 	  	Automate AG chairs update in IETF Dev based on IESG 
membership. 	24 	Enhanc
X 	  	Access-count statistics for important web pages at ietf.org,
such as the IESG Minutes. 	24 	Enhanc
Y 	
	Enhance the I-D Validator - More specific error messages and completed 
with the current guidelines 	32 	Enhanc
Z 	  	Automate the removal of a mailing list from the IETF Non-WG 
Mailing Lists Web page when a request is received via the IETF Email 
List Request Tool to close the mailing list. 	32 	Enhanc
AA 	
	Update the Meeting Material Management Tool to allow posting of minutes 
and presentation slides for Interim Meetings. 	32 	Enhanc
AB 	  	Implement a comment log on IETF Dev so that all actions can be 
logged. 	32 	Enhanc
AC 	  	Fix 1id-abstractx.txt to put "et al." when there are more than 
three authors. 	40 	Enhanc
AD 	  	New Search feature of IPR tool - Patent Search 	40 	Enhanc
AE 	  	Enhanced I-D search within IDDI - Search within Subject and 
Text. 	48 	Enhanc
AF 	
	Automate processing of Cisco IPR disclosures. 	54 	Enhanc
AG 	  	Once an I-D has been added to the I-D Tracker, allow it to move 
back to state "I-D Exists" without losing its tracker history. #81607 
merged into this ticket. 	54 	Enhanc
AH 	
	Tool in support of 3rd party reviews and IETF Last Call comments. 	80 
Enhanc
AI 	  	 IETF Website re-organization (The "look & feel" design should be 
provided by the Tools team.) 	80 	Enhanc

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:53:40 -0400

OK, let's try a pdf.
Ray

Ray Pelletier wrote:

> are a subset of that list and are  identified as enhancements taking 
> up to 80 programming hours based on an estimate by Michael Lee.
>
> around the globe?  Please indicate in 24 Hr Tool column, a Y or N.  A 
> Y1 indicates you feel that particular project would be a good one to 
> I 	  	Notify submitter of an original IPR disclosure that someone 
> other than himself has submitted an update. 	8 	Enhanc
> L 	  	Updates to Liaison Statement tool to strip control characters 
> from messages generated by the tool, and break lines longer than 70 
> characters. 	12 	Enhanc
> P 	  	Revise IPR Disclosure Submission Tool to discourage submission 
> of bogus updates to IPR disclosures. 	16 	Enhanc
> document's normal expiration date reminding her to let us know when 
> the document is no longer under review. 	16 	Enhanc
> R 	
> 	Add a message to the "Frequent Message Sender" so that staff can send 
> a confirmation message after an Implementation Report has been 
> posted. 	16 	Enhanc
> 	Provide an interface within the iTelechat tool to allow posting of 
> the narrative telechat minutes on the IETF Web site. 	24 	Enhanc
> 	Enhance the I-D Validator - More specific error messages and 
> completed with the current guidelines 	32 	Enhanc
> 	Update the Meeting Material Management Tool to allow posting of 
> minutes and presentation slides for Interim Meetings. 	32 	Enhanc
> 	Tool in support of 3rd party reviews and IETF Last Call comments. 
> 80 	Enhanc
> AI 	  	 IETF Website re-organization (The "look & feel" design should 
> be provided by the Tools team.) 	80 	Enhanc
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>