Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 17 May 2006 Teleconference

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 18:51:53 +0200

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's call.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Stas, Tero, Bill, Henrik

1. Agenda bashing and comments on previous minutes

   - Nothing

2. Status review

   * Dashboard
	- Henrik: No progess.  Have promised this for Montreal,
	  will allocate time over the coming weeks.

   * Issue trackers, Wiki
	- Henrik:
	* Login tool by this weekend.

   * Review team support tool
	- Tero:
	* Slow progress - made some progress, can now
	  add documents and edit documents, next task
	  would be to make it possible for the dispatcher
	  to assign documents.

	* Something for us to comment on?  Requires the tool 
	  to be put on a server, and do some more work - maybe
	  in a few days.

	Henrik: Not directly relevant, but maybe indirectly:
	I've been working with Lars Eggert on a review text
	extraction tool - see URL under any other business.

   * Draft info draft
	- Alex: No new info

   * Meta-information schema
	- Stas: Nothing done - assume it will be good to get a new
	version out before the SoC student selection.

3. Tracker extension specification
	draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-tracker-ext
	draft-ietf-proto-iab-irtf-tracker-ext

	* Notifications should probably go in as a general
	  tracker ability at some time, but not part of this
	  work package.

4. Google Summer of Code info

	Stas proposed that we set up a IETF Tools project for
	the Google Summer of Code, and Henrik has offered to
	mentor it.  We have received 4 applicants, and at least
	2 are well qualified.  Will know today the outcome from
	Google.  Thanks to Stas both for the idea, support, and
	for supporting this project under the Internet2 umbrella!

5. Any other business

   * New tools: IDspell and IDcomments:
     http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idspell
     http://tools.ietf.org/tolls/idcomments

   * Idspell will be integrated with the online idnits

   Tero, Stas:
     Idnits comment:
	  - Add warning about wrong line endings
	  - Add warning about wrong page feeds.

   Bill:
     Email from Lucy Lynch, who's now at AFNOC, and wants
     to get people up to speed on what the IETF is, but
     there are no good single page to start if you don't
     happen to know the WG acronym for the WG you're
     interested in.

     Maybe a page with the working groups sorted by Area,
     and with the names spelled out.

  Henrik:
     Right.  Could replace the current WG index page
     http://tools.ietf.org/wg/

6. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 31st of May, 16:00 GMT (same local time 
  as today).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked] 
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client. 

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 14:52:39 +0300

[CC of this goes to the secdir-secretary who might have comments as he
has been doing the process for some time already]

> 	  to be put on a server, and do some more work - maybe

Took few days longer as I wanted to clean it up a bit before showing
what I have to you rest. I put up test site at
ietf-tools-test.kivinen.iki.fi on port 2080. That machine is my home
machine, and I am using non-default port (and not listing url properly
here) to limit robots, spammers etc to find the server. The server
might or might not be running, and there might be broken test version
on it, as I am mostly developing it on the same machine too.

You need to use the "Add new user tool" first to add yourself to the
.htaccess file. Then you need to fill in your information (email
address etc) using "Document review tool new member" link, and after
that you can use the "Document review tool" (or simply continue using
it after filling in your own data).

You can play around with that and give comments to me. I it still
unfinished, it is missing email notifications, secretary
autoassignment operations etc.

In the first version I am also planning to skip the storing of the
actual review texts to the database, i.e. it is only for tracking
progress and assigning documents for review.

Secretary will have some automatic features, i.e. he can select "New"
and then click on "Do autoassignment" which will assing reviewers
automatically to all new documents based on the availibility and
current load etc. The status will still stay as "new". After that he
can modify the assignments and when he is happy with those, he can
click on "Do actual assignments" and then system will move documents
to assigned status, and send emails to the reviewers.

The timeout value will specify when the system will time out the
assignment if the reviewer does not accept the assignment. If the
assignment times out then the document is moved away from the assigned
status back to new (or probably to timeout) status.

Those things are still a bit open as I haven't yet implemented
those...

The "Document fetching cron script" tool will fetch new documents from
the id database and put them to the doc-review database. This is
supposed to be run from the cron every night or so, but now it can be
run manually and it will print out information about the updated and
added documents.
-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:43:22 +0200

Hi Tero,

I've added myself as user, and looked at things.  Looks like it's going
forward nicely.

The cron script functionality is probably already in place on the tools
servers; we'll have to talk about exactly what you need, and if there's
anything not already being done, I can add it.

Also, my single login/password system for the tools servers is almost in
place; I have the basics in place in command-line form and only need to
put the web-service shell there too.  We should make sure this works
together, once we move the tool.  (I think that should be pretty easy,
since both mechanisms use the apache server http: authentication mechanism,
if I've understand your implementation correctly).

Best,

	Henrik