Subject: [Tools-team] Minutes from the 14 June 2006 Teleconference

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:59:34 +0200

Hi,

Here are the minutes from today's call.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0. Present: Alex, Stas, Tero, Henrik, Bill

1. Agenda bashing and comments on previous minutes

	Nothing

2. Status review

   * Dashboard
	- Henrik

	Some preparatory work done in connection with the event
	notification engine, more work scheduled after the -0x
	draft submission deadline.

   * Issue trackers, Wiki
	- Henrik

	The user-id and password automation is in place as a new tool
	which is unimaginatively called loginmgr; the overview page
	for the tool is here:
	  http://www1.tools.ietf.org/tools/loginmgr/
	and the page you go to in order to get a user ID, or change
	your password, is here:
	  http://www1.tools.ietf.org/tools/loginmgr/newlogin

	The 401 error page also displays a link to the newlogin page.

	With this in place, I expect to roll out wiki+issue trackers
	(based on Trac) for all working groups within a week or so,
	and notify the working group chairs about this.

   * Review team support tool
	- Tero

	Have some progress on that - have tried to get the secdir
	secretary to give comments, but he's been pretty busy.
	You can check it out here:
	    http://ietf-tools-test.kivinen.iki.fi:2080/

   * Draft info draft
	- Alex

	New version out now, there are about 10 XXX that need to
	be fixed - no major ones, except there's one about having a
	schema for all fields - but I see it's on the agenda that
	Stas is working on this, so maybe there should be a reference
	to his work.

	Please review and comment on the draft:
	  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tools-draft-info

   * Meta-information schema
	- Stas

	Have not worked on this yet.  Busy with Google Summer of Code.

3. Tracker extension specification
	draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-tracker-ext
	draft-ietf-proto-iab-irtf-tracker-ext

	Bill: Concerned about overlap between IESG states and WG
	states.  They probably should be separate states, so that
	the WG can record their progress on the document without
	disturbing the IESG state, which might be 'New revision
	needed'.
	This also goes further than the IESG/WG split - similar
	reasoning applies to the possible states which involves
	the RFC-Editor and IANA.

	Alex: Could this be modelled as tags instead of states -
	where you could have many parallel tags, which can co-
	exist - in contrast with states, where you can only be in
	a particular state, strictly speaking.

	Henrik: I'll revise the document along these lines.

	(Some discussion around the complexity of the IESG state
	 machine)

	Bill: I think the tags idea is worth exploring, but there
	are some parts of the workflow which we've tried to capture
	in the states.  But some substates might be better expressed
	as tag.  Definitely worth exploring.

4. Google Summer of Code info

	The project is to build a notification engine, and expect to
	have an alpha version online for testing within a week,
	approximately.

	Bill: Interesting.  I could maybe feed some events into this
	from my tracker extracted data, too...

5. Any other business

	Nothing

6. Next meeting:

  Teleconference Wednesday 28th of June, 16:00 GMT (same local time
  as today).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connection details:

To join the call, dial +1-734-615-7474 and enter PIN 0151989.

One can also join the call by dialling:
 sip:[email-masked]
on a SIP-enabled voice communications client.

If the SIP client cannot dial URLs, you can have the conference
system call you if you have the sip URL for your phone.  Go to
 https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0151989
and type in the URL to your phone, and follow the directions.

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team