Subject: [Tools-team] New tool, that might be useful to put on the tools.ietf.org

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:21:24 +0300

I made new tool that will allow chasing references on the RFCs. I.e.
it will tell that if we want to move RFC4301 from proposed standard to
draft standard and we want to update all standard track documents
having normative reference from RFC4301 (or from those other
references RFCs) that are proposed standard to draft standard too, we
need to update 60 other documents too....

This does not take into account those documents which didn't have
normative / informational references split....

The url is

http://ietf-tools-test.kivinen.iki.fi:2080/perl/noauth/showrefs

There is 2 perl-scripts there, one that could be run from the cron weekly
or so that will read rfc-index.xml and all RFCs and parse them and
find all references, and put them to mysql database. The another one
is the perl-script doing the user interface for the www, and it is
using the database created by the first program (so it is very fast).

Test those and tell what you think about. If we want to put it up to
the tools.ietf.org it would be better to do it now here in the IETF so
I can help setting it up there (makeing sure the configuration of
mysql / apache etc is ok, and making necessary tables to database
etc). 
-- 
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:30:55 -0400

Hi Tero,

on 2006-07-12 10:21 Tero Kivinen said the following:
...
> mysql / apache etc is ok, and making necessary tables to database

Right.  What about sitting down 16:30 in 520 and fixing this?

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:26:49 -0400

Hi Tero,

> I have meeting with the Sam Weiler and Mary Barnes at that time about
> the review team tools. We start 16:15 at the terminal room, don't know
> how long it will take. 

Ok. If you complete that before the plenary at 17:00, look for me in 520.

That's the room for the plenary, so if you're going to the plenary you'll
have to come there anyway.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:42:30 +0300

> Ok. If you complete that before the plenary at 17:00, look for me in 520.

Ok, I tried to look you from there just now, just in case, but
couldn't find you so I assume you are in some meeting. I am now in the
terminal room, and I will try to look you up immediately after we get
the review tool review done.

Hmm... Should we create jabber room for tools-team (my jabber account
is [email-masked])?
-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:34:05 +0300