Subject: [Tools-team] Last Call handling tool

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 08:12:27 -0800

The topic of a Last Call handling tool came up at the IESG
breakfast.  I know Henrik has been thinking about this issue
a bit.  One obvious thing to try is to make sure the I-D
name is in the subject (move it to the front in the current
formulation, "Last Call: draft-fenner-frobby-cool (Frobby Cool
That Really Work)", and then make a browsable mail archive
for each draft for *any* message that shows up on the main
IETF list.  There may be some less-obvious things.

We're considering changing the format of the message, so
it's a good time to make any changes that would make such a
tool easier.

  Bill

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:16:00 +0100

Hi Bill,

Catching up...

> IETF list.  There may be some less-obvious things.

Yes, this would be a good start.

With *any* message above I assume you mean that any message with
a draft name in the subject line is archived in the browsable
archive for that draft, right?

It would also be good if any message on the ietf-announce list
had subject lines composed similarly.  The RFC announcements
would get a *very* long subject line treated this way; but they
do (these days) have the I-D tag in the body, which should
permit reasonable special-casing of these.

If one could be certain that any message on ietf-announce which
did *not* have a draft-* or rfc* string in the subject line could
be ignored for the purpose of archiving messages relevant to ietf
documents, it would be easier to build complete message archives
without cruft.

> it's a good time to make any changes that would make such a

Right, agreed.  I don't have immediate additional suggestions
for the subject line of last call announcements; if you'd like
further comments on the format considered, feel free to forward
a copy.

Regards,

	Henrik