Subject: [Tools-team] WG Chairs requesting secdir review

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 19:26:49 +0200

When I was talking with the security directorate secretary and ADs
they had a vision that WG chairs should be able to request secdir
review for their document quite early, even before WGLC. I was
thinking we probably want to add that kind of feature to the WG chair
tools, i.e. request reviews for the documents from diffenet bodies.

Does the current plans have anything like that?
-- 
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Tools-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-team

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:19:06 +0100

Hi Tero,

> Does the current plans have anything like that?

The current proposal for updates to the I-D tracker doesn't have
a review request feature, but does include the ability to register
annotations about review requests.  Since the review request tool
can be written as a standalone tool, I'd suggest we go for that
first.

	Henrik

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:18:24 +0200

> can be written as a standalone tool, I'd suggest we go for that

I do not think that there is that much need for the separate tool, I
guess they can be handled by the normal way, i.e. WG chair asking it
from the AD, which will forward it to the review directorate
secretary, who will then enter the draft name to the review tool
(there is already feature to do that, and it will automatically fetch
the other information about the draft).

I asked it as if there was plans to do that in other tools, then I
would need to document some kind of interface how to add those to the
review tool.
-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:41:29 +0100

Hi Tero,

> would need to document some kind of interface how to add those to the

Ah, Ok. 

	Henrik