Subject: Re: Admin: Resolution of WG Last Call comments

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:10:05 GMT

In <[email-masked]> Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]> writes:

>Based on the results from the Last Call, I'm removing the option of 
>putting the document on hold while waiting for USEPRO to complete.

The 'votes' on that issue were rather evenly balanced. There was hardly
consensus on the matter of whether to put it on hold, whereas I believe
we could achieve a consensus that the document was as complete as we could
make it at the present time.

In the meantime, since there are no technical issues outstanding on
USEFOR, is it in order to proceed with constructive discussion of USEPRO?
If so, some comments on my suggested texts for handling Paths, which I
published some weeks back, would be a good start.

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 01:58:32 -0700

> make it at the present time.
When looking back over the tally, I identified 3 groups:

- The document should be sent to the IESG
- The effort should be abandoned; if not abandoned, we should put the 
document on hold
- The document should be put on hold.

The last group consisted of you.
> published some weeks back, would be a good start.
Let's get this one out of the way.

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 02:03:31 -0700

> The last group consisted of you.
correction: you and one other.