Subject: Ticket status, USEFOR WG Last Call processing

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 05:25:18 -0700

Here is what I have as status for the tickets:

1156 USEFOR Appendix: IANA registration forms for headers
   Resolved, with Frank's additional reference

1298 USEFOR WG LC issues raised by Charles Lindsey
  Will be resolved once 1305 is resolved

1299 USEFOR WG LC issues raised by Richard Clayton
  No comments to last suggested text. Resolved.

1300 USEFOR WG LC issues raised by Ralph Babel
   Will be resolved once 1309, 1310, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 1315, 1334,
1335, 1336 are resolved

1305 USEFOR 3.1.6 Path - NOTE to explain diag-deprecated
   Suggested text accepted.

1309 USEFOR 3.2.7 Distribution header fields need more description
  Change reference to 3166; change text for "special" distribution names.

1310 USEFOR 3.2.9 Approved header field description
  Charles Lindsey disagrees with proposed text. Russ Allberry agrees.
  Resolved: The proposed text is going in.

1311 USEFOR 3.2.12 Default value for the Archive header field
  Resolved to not talk about the meaning of the header's absence.

1312 USEFOR 3.3.1 - Description of Lines header field can be much shorter
  Resolved, with improvements.

1313 USEFOR 2.2 Syntax for Usenet articles: RFC 2822 + MIME
  Suggested resolution is accepted (minus quibbles from Charles).

1314 USEFOR 3.1.5 Definition of Newsgroups header field is not precise
  Suggested SHOULD NOT for all cases of use of the "reserved" characters
  Suggested that MUST accept be softened by inclusion of "subject to
  site policy".
  New text suggested.

1315 USEFOR definiont of "poster"
  "No big deal" - suggested shortening definition.

1335 USEFOR description of Iniection-Date purpose is not precise
  Charles' version suggested.

1336 USEFOR 3.2.4 Additonal description of Expires header field
  Suggested resolution with an added note + reformulation.

I think everything has a proposed text now. We can proceed to cut -09, 
if nobody has serious objection to any of these resolutions before Ken 
gets that far.

                     Harald