Subject: USEFOR next steps

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:48:41 +0200

Given that the poll, at the time it closed, showed a consensus for going 
ahead with the document (6 for, 1 against, 3 "other"), and that I have 
seen no messages asking for a correction to that tabulation of results, 
the chairs are asking the editor to make those minor edits that were 
requested and uncontroversial, and do not introduce technical changes, 
and post an -10 version.

This will be sent to the IESG for Last Call and, hopefully, eventual 
approval.

                       Harald

---

From: [email-masked] (Ralph Babel)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 13:28:41 +0200 (CEST)

Harald Alvestrand wrote:

> Given that the poll, at the time it closed,
> showed a consensus for going ahead

No, in fact it didn't.

> with the document (6 for, 1 against, 3 "other"),

Trying it The Lindsey Way now, eh?

  http://www.imc.org/ietf-usefor/2002/Sep/0132.html

It's not gonna work, I'm afraid.

6:4 doesn't qualify as "rough consensus".

> This will be sent to the IESG for Last Call
> and, hopefully, eventual approval.

Fine, so let it be shot down there.