Subject: #1415 USEPRO 3.2.1 Number of path entries per site

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:00:07 +0100

When scanning the mail archive, I couldn't find an explicit resolution 
of this. But I think the text currently in the draft is a good proposal 
for resolution.

3.2.1.  Constructing the Path Header Field

   If a relaying or serving agent receives an article from an injecting
   or serving agent that is part of the same news server, it MAY leave
   the Path header field of the article unchanged.  Otherwise, every
   injecting, relaying, or serving agent that accepts an article MUST
   update the Path header field as follows.

If everyone's OK with this (or is "able to live with this"), I'll close 
it as "resolved".

                Harald

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 17:09:02 GMT

In <[email-masked]> Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]> writes:

>of this.  ...

There were two issues to that Issue. The 2nd (technical) one was fixd ages
ago.

As for the other:

> ...But I think the text currently in the draft is a good proposal 
>for resolution.

>   update the Path header field as follows.

That is still the original text, so my issue still remains (I wanted to
allow more flexibility to omit multiple Path entries inserted within one
site where the extra entries did not provide any benefit to subsequent
sites - the earlier USEPOR drafts had allowed that to happen).

But, at this late stage, I am not pressing the issue further, unless
someone else wants to pick it up and run with it.

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5