Subject: By contrast, mutations in the gld-1 tumour-suppressor gene cause germ cells to re-enter mitosis, overproliferate and give rise to tumours that kill the animal.

From: Hutchins Rosaline <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:56:50 +0100

"Type 2 clueless enthusiasm is potentially more useful to those of us
seeking support for scientific anti-aging research. Older people today
are able to remain functionally independent much longer than in the
past.

Like Deinococcus, neurons carry two - albeit slightly different - copies
of their genomes: one from Mom and the other from Dad.

This molecule attracts cells that still have immunity to the tumor and
causes them to come in contact with antigens from cells that have been
exposed to radiation.

Elixir is also researching sirtuins, but it's seeking ways to treat
diabetes and obesity by targeting ghrelin, a protein released in the
stomach that regulates hunger and metabolic functions. They'd identified
21 family members with the condition.

When space elevators become a reality many could take up residence in
space. But Malthusianism of any sort has always been wrong; a good
example of the way in which most people find it hard to grasp the nature
of change and consequences of human action. Sirtris researchers have
developed small molecules aimed at triggering the health-promoting
effects from caloric restriction found in sirtuins, a class of enzymes.
Older cells may use the safer repair methods, but they still carry the
genetic damage incurred during DNA repair in the fly's 'reckless'
youth.

Both Humes and Lysaght liken the problem to that faced twenty years ago
by researchers working with recombinant proteins, such as human
insulin.

Getting cryonics life insurance and a cryonics membership is a lengthy
process that's full of paperwork.

htmlSince organization seems to be the topic today, here is a long
update from the cryonics provider Alcor: "Earlier this year, Alcor
engaged in some long-term organizational planning.

A similar weakening occurs when muscles are not used. " To hear this
repeated loudly and clearly will have very positive effects on funding
and science in the years ahead.

- On Enthusiasm, Clueless and Otherwise- Discussion- Latest Healthy Life
Extension HeadlinesWHAT HAPPENS TO AGING STEM CELLS?

But this is not happening now. " So there you go; mole-rats have just as
many free radicals as their short-lived peers in other species, but may
be vastly more resistant because their metabolism uses tougher
biochemicals.

" To hear this repeated loudly and clearly will have very positive
effects on funding and science in the years ahead.

If you want to help out with something, or you think you have something
to say, just put it out there and see what happens!

phpIf people believe - correctly - that healthy life extension really
does mean HEALTHY life extension, a life of vigor and extended youth,
then most are all for it.

So why aren't we trying much harder?

phpDISCUSSIONThe highlights and headlines from the past week follow
below.

Links and excerpts can be found at the following Fight Aging! When
injected into cancerous tumors, the virus quickly multiplies in the
cancer cells and kills them, the team said. phpNothing is ever simple in
biochemistry - but I will say that the proposed medical engineering
solution to the problem is easier to describe than the problem itself.
Overproduction of NO inhibits apoptosis - the natural process that leads
to cell death. '" As Judith Campisi points out in the article, we're
going to have to beat cancer if we want to benefit from all the other
bioscience that could extend our lives. But this is the first important
step. The more severe the disease, the shorter was the telomere length.
But Malthusianism of any sort has always been wrong; a good example of
the way in which most people find it hard to grasp the nature of change
and consequences of human action.

Similarly, diabetes may harm cognition by either leading to artery
disease or via direct effects of the hormone insulin on brain cells.