Subject: Moving right along...

From: Jim Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:26:16 -0800

As I mentioned in the initial message describing the working group last call
for comments on the Binding Protocol, that last call is the first of three
last calls covering all three of the Advanced Collections specifications.
The next one of these last calls periods, concerning the redirect references
protocol, will begin today, and go for the next four weeks.  I'll be
describing this in my next message. In turn, the last call on the Redirect
References protocol will be followed by a last call on the Ordered
Collections protocol, finishing up the three Advanced Collections
specifications.

Afterwards, I'm hoping the revised bindings protocol will be done, and we'll
then be able to start right in on the second last call on it, prior to
sending it along to the IESG.

Laid out with dates, this looks like:

1/25 - 2/22 :: Last call on Redirect References
2/23 - 3/22 :: Last call on Ordered Collections
3/23 - 4/6  :: Second, last call on Bindings Specification (assuming
submission of revised Bindings Protocol by 3/23)

Second last calls on the Redirect References, and Ordered Collections
specifications, if needed, will take place in order, starting on April 7th.

I'd like to thank everyone who submitted comments on the Bindings
Specification -- the comments were of very high quality, and will allow this
specification to be improved a great deal.  But, don't stop now!  We're just
at the beginning of this season of last calls, and I encourage you (and
others who didn't send in comments too) to review the specifications, submit
comments, and participate in working through the issues that are surfaced.

- Jim