Subject: WebDAV Bindings - Issue Yaron.ApplePie

From: Yaron Goland <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 17:48:28 -0800

The second to last paragraph of section 5.1 reads "After successful
processing of a BIND request, it MUST be possible for clients to use the URI
in the Destination header to submit requests to the resource identified by
the Request-URI." This is a motherhood and apple pie requirement. It sounds
good but in practice it doesn't enhance interoperability. What does it mean
to "submit requests"? What period of time is covered by "After"? For
example, if user A successfully issues a BIND and then user B using FTP
deletes the mapped in resource and when user A tries to "submit requests" to
the resource the requests fail, is the system in non-compliance? There is no
way to tell the difference between the previous scenario and a scenario in
which the system accepted the BIND and decided to do nothing with it. This
is called being a sucky server but such behavior has absolutely no effect on
interoperability because it is indistinguishable from the original example I
provided about User A & B.

As such I move that this paragraph be removed from the draft.

---

From: "Slein, Judith A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:29:12 -0500

I have no problem with removing this statement.
 
--Judy