Subject: RE: Anomaly in the DAV:prop element usage

From: Yaron Goland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 15:20:12 -0800

I wouldn't worry about this issue at all. Any element used inside of a prop
element must be a WebDAV property and hence must be defined using WebDAV
rules.
 
                  Yaron

-----Original Message-----  
From: Geoffrey M. Clemm 
Sent: 1/6/2000 3:08 PM  
To: [email-masked] 
Cc: 
Subject: Anomaly  in the DAV:prop element usage

In rfc2518, the example of propfind in 8.1.1 issues a  PROPFIND 
request with a DAV:prop element of the  form: 

     <D:prop xmlns:R=" http://www.foo.bar/boxschema/
<http://www.foo.bar/boxschema/> "> 
          <R:bigbox/> 
          <R:author/> 
          <R:DingALing/> 
          <R:Random/> 
     </D:prop> 

It is very likely that this violates at least some of the  element 
definitions for R:bigbox, R:author,  R:DingALing, and R:Random. 

I have gone to some trouble to avoid this kind of element  definition 
violation in the versioning spec, but since  it didn't bother the 
authors of 2518, should I not let  it bother me?  As was pointed out 
in an earlier  thread, there are other reasons why WebDAV XML will be 
rejected by validating parsers ... 

Cheers, 
Geoff