Subject: MKRESOURCE without specifying DAV:resourcetype

From: Joe Orton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:09:27 +0000

Section 5 of redirectref-02 says "MKRESOURCE can be used to create a
resource of any type other than standard data containers and collections."
(and this is repeated at the beginning of 5.1)

5.1 then goes on to say: "If the DAV:propertyupdate does not specify a
DAV:resourcetype, the resource will be a standard data container."... so,
can MKRESOURCE create "standard data containers", or can't it?

What is meant by a "standard data container" in this context? Maybe it is
the intent that MKRESOURCE without specifying the resourcetype is
equivalent to a PUT of a zero-length entity-body followed by a PROPPATCH?

joe

---

From: "Geoffrey M. Clemm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:53:28 -0500

From: Joe Orton <[email-masked]>

Good catch!  You should be able to create any type of resource
with MKRESOURCE.  I'm not sure why this restrictin was added in
the 02 draft of the protocol, but it should be removed.

Yes.

Cheers,
Geoff