Subject: RE: WebDAV proxy problems

From: "Lisa Lippert (Dusseault)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:21:50 -0800

Would this information be suitable on a page for the webdav.org site?  Might
even put some pressure on proxy developers to support RFC 2518, and to allow
their administrators to name additional methods that should be allowed over
HTTP (e.g. so that new advanced collections or DASL commands can be added).

Lisa

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Orton [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2000 5:10 AM
To: Lisa Lippert (Dusseault)
Cc: 'David Engberg'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: WebDAV proxy problems

> I actually started collecting some information on this.  Since I don't
have
> testing resources for it, it's only hearsay, but here goes:
> 
> Known Proxies that support DAV
> 
>  - MS Proxy 2.0: Support for DAV is built-in to MS Proxy 2.0.
>  - Squid: There is a patch for the Squid proxy server that adds support
for
> WebDAV (http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.2/bugs/).

Apache mod_proxy works fine too. IIRC Squid 2.3 will pass through the
methods defined in 2518, but will still block methods it doesn't
understand. 

joe

---

From: Greg Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:52:57 -0800 (PST)

Yes, it definitely has a place there. Somebody named Aengus was looking
into this back into December, and was going to provide all the information
(and a web page). Never got the info, though.

I'll set up a page today or tomorrow and put the information that we have
on it.

Cheers,
-g

-- 
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

---

From: Greg Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 06:33:14 -0800 (PST)

I've put together a page for this:

  http://www.webdav.org/other/proxy.html

And an item in the Recent News on the site home page.

Thank you everybody for the info. Please send me updates as you discover
them.

Cheers,
-g