Subject: Pictures from Washington IETF :-)

From: Jim Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:29:44 -0800

Last November I took a couple of pictures during the Advanced Collections
Breakout session at the Washington, DC IETF meeting, and I've finally gotten
around to scanning them in.

For starters, we have the famous "aha!" moment, when Yaron finally groked
the bindings spec (notice "the light" streaming in from the window):
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/wash99/yaron-aha.jpg

And, Geoff's reaction to this event (what does it mean that there's a
picture of the White House above him?):
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/wash99/geoff-yeah.jpg

I also have a picture of Judy Slein (showing the infinite patience needed to
deal with the Advanced Collections specs):
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/wash99/judy.jpg

Kevin Wiggen ("man, I could have implemented this spec. in the time we just
spent talking about it!"):
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/wash99/kevin.jpg

Pete Carlson, Tyson Chihaya, and Jason Crawford (left to right) ("Nobody
gets out of this room until there's rought consensus!"):
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/wash99/pete-tyson-jason.jpg

I also scanned in this oldie-but-goodie from the Munich IETF meeting, held
in August, 1997. When Yaron of Microsoft and Asad of Netscape walked into a
cutlery store where they just so happened to have a sword lying around, the
following picture was  inevitable... (Yaron is on the left, Asad is on the
right -- actually, they did get along really well, occasional stock price
barbs aside.)
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/wash99/yaron-asad.jpg

- Jim