Subject: IIS 5 and collection locking

From: Hartmut Warncke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 18:37:37 +0100

Does anybody know why the current WebDAV implementation of  Microsoft
IIS 5  (RC)
does not support collection locking? Are there any plans to change this
in the future?

Hartmut

---

From: Yaron Goland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:47:24 -0800

It doesn't support collection locking because we need multi-protocol access
which means that we can only expose features that are supported by the
underlying system. In this case all the protocols (SMB/FTP/WebDAV/NFS/etc.)
go through NTFS. NTFS can't lock a directory. Hence our WebDAV
implementation can not lock a collection. There are no plans to fix this
that I am aware of.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hartmut Warncke [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Mon, February 07, 2000 9:38 AM
> To: WebDAV WG
> Subject: IIS 5 and collection locking
> 
> 
>