Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-christian-prop-semantics-00.txt

From: Jim Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:57:11 -0700

FYI.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 3:44 AM
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-christian-prop-semantics-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Use of a Semantics Register with WebDAV Properties
	Author(s)	: E. Christian
	Filename	: draft-christian-prop-semantics-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 24-Apr-00

This document specifies a mechanism to associate a WebDAV ([WEBDAV])
property with an entry in a Semantics Register. A Semantics Register
documents the meaning of properties in a formal manner and may be
implemented with schema technologies such as Extensible Markup
Language (XML) Schema ([XMLSCHEMA]) or Resource Description Framework
(RDF) Schema ([RDFS]). Schema technologies expose the derivation of
complex properties from simpler concepts, as demonstrated in the Basic
Semantics Register ([BSR]) for data elements used in Electronic Data
Interchange. Registering the meanings of properties in this manner can
enhance interoperability across systems and throughout the long-term
information life cycle.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-christian-prop-semantics-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-christian-prop-semantics-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-christian-prop-semantics-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.