Subject: Webfolders and URL encoding

From: "Tim Ellison/OTT/OTI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:44:07 -0400

While we are on the subject of webfolders, can anyone provide insight as to
why WebFolders does not use '+' to encode the space character when doing
URL encoding, and fails to recognise it on responses from the server?

WebFolders appear to consistently use %20 for the space char, and don't
decode '+' when one is returned.

Regards,
Tim

---

From: Greg Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:12:34 -0700 (PDT)

> decode '+' when one is returned.

'+' is not a valid encoding for 'space'. Some clients and servers do it
for parts of a URL (particularly within the 'query' section), but it is
not standard.

Refer to RFC 2396 (URLs) and RFC 2616 (HTTP), Section 3.2.
  http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc2396.html
  http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc2616.html

Cheers,
-g

-- 
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/