Subject: RE: [[email-masked]: Re: [dav-dev] Depth Infinity Requests]

From: "Tim Ellison/OTT/OTI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:55:31 -0400

That depends upon you definition of "require".  Give me depth 0 and 1, and 
I'll give you infinity behavior<g>

The problem with choosing 'n' is that it does not resolve the infinity 
issue, since a client's view of a reasonable value for n may not match the 
server's idea of reasonable -- so there still needs to be a refusal 
response.

Tim

"Dylan Barrell" <[email-masked]>
06-07-00 01:37 PM
Please respond to dbarrell

        To:     "Tim Ellison/OTT/OTI" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        RE: [[email-masked]: Re: [dav-dev] Depth Infinity Requests]

I believe that we either need a depth "n" argument or we need to leave the
infinity.

Although there might be better solutions for Hartmut's problems that would
best be covered by an extension to WebDAV, there are conceivably other
operations that require more than simply depth 0 or depth 1.

---

From: "Dylan Barrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:24:30 -0400

I agree on the refusal.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tim Ellison/OTT/OTI [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2000 1:56 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]