Subject: FW: Redirect/Bind/User Mapping Question

From: Jim Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 21:46:52 -0700

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.  I've added Mark's email address to
the accept2 list.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Stewart [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 5:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] Redirect/Bind/User Mapping Question

This is probably a rookie question but I've scanned the threads and
papers and don't have an answer yet. We want to allow a user to access
our WEBDAV server http://user.server.com and map their username to the
url using mod_rewrite: ie after the url rewrite we would have
http://user.server.com/username which would point to their WEBDAV files.
When I hit the site with web folders if maps the parent directory side
by side with the first level directory that we should see ( The parent
directory is called sv and there are 3 levels under it called level1,
level2, level3. When web folders maps we end up with sv and level on
shown on the same window).

Cadaver responds with:

Could not access / (not WebDAV-enabled?):
Did not find a collection resource.

The access file looks like:

206.29.241.4 - - [08/Aug/2000:19:33:19 -0500] "OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1" 401
478
206.29.241.4 - sv [08/Aug/2000:19:33:23 -0500] "OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1" 200
0
206.29.241.4 - sv [08/Aug/2000:19:33:23 -0500] "PROPFIND / HTTP/1.1" 207
615

And the conf file looks like:

<Directory /home/web/users/site/>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName users
    "A bunch of ldap stuff to authenticate the user"
   require user sv
    <LimitExcept GET HEAD OPTIONS>
        DAV On
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteCond     %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/$
        RewriteRule     ^$       /%{REMOTE_USER}/ [L]      when we
change this to [R] for redirect we get a 302 error.
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

Is there a better way to map user directories? Thanks for the help in
advance.

Mark