Subject: IIS 5 Configuration Question

From: Peter Bernhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:59:24 -0500 (EST)

I'm installing a webDAV site on an IIS 5 machine for public access. My
question for the group is rather basic -- I want to provide a common virtual
root for a folder heirarchy structured as follows:

WebDAVRootFolder
|
| --> User1Root --> User1's subfolders
|
| --> User2Root --> User2's subfolders
etc.

Assuming I apply file security so that only User1 sees User1's folders and
User2 sees User2's folders, and so forth, how do I set up IIS so that when
each a user points to the site from a webDav client(for example,
webfolders.mysite.com) he/she sees only the structure beginning immediately
beneath their designated root folder? In other words, I don't want users to
see their Root Folder, but that their root folder should appear as the root
of the URL.

Thanks in advance...

P. Bernhardt
[email-masked]
______________________________________________
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
Sign up at http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

---

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:43:52 -0800

Hi Peter,

It has been a little while since I last played with an IIS 5 server, but as
I recall it is possible to create a specific URL for each of "User1Root",
"User2Root", etc.  When I configured an IIS 5 server, I had each user's
DAV-enabled URL point to the "My Documents" folder in their account.

- Jim