Subject: RE: IIS 5 Configuration Question

From: Douglas Steen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:51:08 -0600

Peter -
  As a Microsoft-comfortable guy used to writing dlls & such, my first
reaction would be to write an ISAPI filter.  You can catch the incoming
request after the authorization has taken place with IIS5 and then redirect
to the subfolder before the server even sees the request.  Look up 'ISAPI
filter' on MSDN -- there should be enough documentation there for you.

    Douglas R. Steen
    [email-masked]
    Drag-and-Drop Web Content Management
    http://www.eKeeper.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Bernhardt [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 12:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IIS 5 Configuration Question

I'm installing a webDAV site on an IIS 5 machine for public access. My
question for the group is rather basic -- I want to provide a common virtual
root for a folder heirarchy structured as follows:

WebDAVRootFolder
|
| --> User1Root --> User1's subfolders
|
| --> User2Root --> User2's subfolders
etc.

Assuming I apply file security so that only User1 sees User1's folders and
User2 sees User2's folders, and so forth, how do I set up IIS so that when
each a user points to the site from a webDav client(for example,
webfolders.mysite.com) he/she sees only the structure beginning immediately
beneath their designated root folder? In other words, I don't want users to
see their Root Folder, but that their root folder should appear as the root
of the URL.

Thanks in advance...

P. Bernhardt
[email-masked]
______________________________________________
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
Sign up at http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup