Subject: Is WebDAV https compliant?

From: "Charlie Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:29:04 -0700

Is WebDAV https compliant.   If so which versions of https are 
supported both on the client and server.
 
And which Browsers are able to work with WebDAV
over https, if WebDAV is SSL compliant?
 
Security minded,
Charlie Smith
1/31/03

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.

==============================================================================

---

From: Elias Sinderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:55:40 -0800

Hi Charlie,

Yes, WebDAV works with SSL. Provided, of course, that both the client 
and the server are configured to speak SSL. Think of SSL as a layer 
around the HTTP request, so whether you use SSL or not has no bearing 
upon the underlying HTTP/WebDAV protocol.

I haven't had any problems using a standard web browser (Netscape, 
Mozilla, IE) to browse our dav repository (based on Apache) using https.

Elias