Subject: bind feature in DAV header

From: Stefan Eissing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:10:39 +0100

It seems to me that the BIND spec does not introduce a "bind" feature
to be reported in the DAV header of an OPTIONS response.

I think this should be added for the following reasons:

The feature list in the DAV header is useful for clients in deciding
which PROPFINDs need to be done in order to discover all that
is to know (= live properties) of a resource.

The nice thing about the DAV header is that a client can expect
this header to be rather static during the lifetime of a session.
In contrast, the supported-live-property-set can change quite
dramatically during the lifetime of a resource.

If a PROPFIND on DAV:resource-id will yield a meaningful response
cannot be deducted from the Allow header, since on non-collection
resources the BIND method will not be reported there.

//Stefan

---

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:40:55 -0800

I'm fine with adding a "bind" feature to the DAV header.

- Jim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Stefan Eissing
> Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 8:11 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: bind feature in DAV header
> 
> 
>