Subject: Status of allprop/include proposal

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:59:30 +0100

Hi,

during the WG meeting, we briefly discussed our allprop/include proposal
(see [1] for latest draft). Among the attendees (:-)), there was consensus
that a feature like this is useful and should be incorporated into
RFC2518bis.

A slight change was applied to the syntax -- instead of using DAV:allprop
with a specific include extension, the logic was reversed, such as:

<propfind xmlns="DAV:">
  <prop>
     ... named properties...
  </prop>
  <dead-props />
</propfind>

The updated DTD for propfind thus would be:

<!ELEMENT propfind (allprop | propname | (prop, dead-props+)) >
<!ELEMENT dead-props EMPTY >

(one advantage being that we're not extending DAV:allprop which is already
increasingly misnamed).

Lisa,

a) I assume this is what we agreed upon?

b) How do we proceed? Should I update our draft, or can this go directly
into RFC2518bis?

Julian

[1]
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-allprop-include-lates
t.html>
--
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760